30 Nostalgic Photos For Boomers
Category: EntertainmentVia: nerm-l • one week ago • 8 comments
By: Brian Galindo (BuzzFeed)
A list of nostalgia that's a little different. Yep, the ubiquitous 8 track gets the usual mention. But going past HoJo on memory lane is a rarity.
1. Nestlé's Quik that came in a tin container and required a spoon to pop open its lid:
5. Schwinn Sting-Ray bikes with the banana seats that everybody you knew seemed to own:
6. Duck and cover drills, which were supposed to help you survive a nuclear attack...by hiding under your desk and covering your neck?
8. Elaborate Jell-O desserts that were served at every party you went to:
10. Rolling Stone being a counterculture magazine:
16. Colonel Sanders starring in Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials:
17. Mr. Whipple in the "Please, don't squeeze the Charmin!" Charmin commercials:
24. Howard Johnson's restaurants, which were always a stop any time you went on a car trip:
28. Ben Franklin stores, which were the five and dime that carried all the art and crafts supplies, party supplies, and stationery you could want:
30. And lastly, the TV test pattern screen that went up at midnight which meant that was the end of programming for day until the next morning:
Who is online