╌>

Just another day in LA

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  90 comments

Just another day in LA
"Police are handcuffed themselves, they cant do what they're supposed to do," said Woodland Hills resident Steve Grossman. "Criminals are not being prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

Link to Quote: Up to $100k stolen in "flash mob" robbery at Westfield Topanga Shopping Center in Canoga Park (msn.com)

Another day of brazen looting & mayhem has passed in America's second largest city. A "flash mob" robbery took approximately $100,000 in merchandize (or "merch" as they say in Chicago) from a Nordstrom store in a popular shopping mall in the city of chaos. Police estimate that they have 20 to 30 suspects. Usually a "flash mob" attack is preceded by the looters arranging the attack over the internet. As usual with this type of crime the corrupt FBI was nowhere to be found. You can bet your life that if two proud boy members contacted one another online, the FBI would have a task force assigned to it, but not when it comes to this stuff:

Local officials who once wanted to defund police now call for action:

f4f4a3fc-45fe-4e76-a2a4-600574194403-AP_Election_2020_Biden_Bass.jpg?width=1320&height=880&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp
LA Mayor Bass

"The crimes committed at the Topanga Mall are shocking and it's sickening to see brazen organized theft rings active again in LA. These individuals must be held accountable," Los Angeles City Councilmember Bob Blumenfield said in a statement to KCAL News. "Many families, including mine, love going to Westfield Topanga and I know how this sort of event can shake our shared sense of safety. I will continue to work with Mayor Bass, Chief Moore and LAPD to further boost safety measures here and help protect West Valley retailers and customers."

Up to $100k stolen in "flash mob" robbery at Westfield Topanga Shopping Center in Canoga Park (msn.com)

Here is the problem for the ultra-progressive mayor:

"The number of officers employed by the LAPD has dropped below 9,000, a staffing level unseen since the administration of former LA Mayor Richard Riordan in the 1990s.

Several City officials told NBC's I-Team that as of July 30 there were 8,967 officers employed, far below Mayor Karen Bass' goal of a 9,500 officers, and about 300 below what the current budget allows, roughly 9,300 officers."

LAPD staffing shrinks below 9,000 officers – NBC Los Angeles

Who would want to do such a thankless job anymore?  LA is getting everything it deserves. 

Last week the Saint Laurent store in another California mall was hit for nearly $300,000 in stolen goods. 

The ideology which governs such places allows it because the "oppressed" shall get reparations and looting is evidently seen as a form of reparation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    last year

In broad daylight, in a high-end store.

The flash attack was well planned.

Thus far no arrests made. (none are expected)

American justice turned on its head.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

Who wrote this article?

Who sees looting, smashing and grabbing, robbery - as reparations?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    last year

Ariel Atkins to be exact. You remember those days don't you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    last year

Who is that?  Why do you think I'll read your sources?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    last year

BLM activist in Chicago justifying the riots and looting. You should read occasionally other than Mother Jones and Yahoo.

Here she is being interviewed......................:19 second mark..........

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.3    last year

Again, see 1.1.2

You know what I've said about advice from certain folks and if you don't, here's a reminder, I don't take 'instruction' nor advice from those I do not respect.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    last year

At your own peril.......................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.5    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    last year

Why do you ask questions if you don't want to read the answers?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    last year

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.7    last year

Because 99.99%  of the time the answers are correct but there are those with their minds made up and the "answers" are cast in stone to them.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2  Drinker of the Wry    last year

Washington "DC District councilmember Trayon White Sr., held a news conference on Friday in the store’s lot on the subject. He said regional Giant brass told him in a Zoom meeting that they have grave concerns about staying in the location without the growing expense.

“What we heard was disheartening,” White said. “We learned that this Giant has lost over $500,000 in product loss which is about 20% of its sales after theft.”

White, who represents Ward 8, said that it’s critical to keep Giant open because this is the only grocery store east of the Anacostia River. It serves many people who do not have transportation to go to other grocery stores.

“We cannot afford to hurt ourselves by constant taking from the store because that means that everybody is going to be without a place to eat,” White said.

https://www.dcnewsnow.com/news/local-news/washington-dc/possible-giant-grocery-store-closure-in-southeast-dc-causes-concern/

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2    last year
He said regional Giant brass told him in a Zoom meeting that they have grave concerns about staying in the location without the growing expense.

Why stay in blue cities? 

This is kind of an ironic picture that we'll always remember from the 2020 riots:

OIP.HgA7XqL6HJDljjI2Vy12fwHaE_?w=257&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

For it was Wendys that was the first fast food chain to place restaurants in the inner city where McDonalds & Burger King were once reluctant to go.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

Looks like a perfectly normal, mostly peaceful protest. 

-CNN 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

I thought that only BK flame broiled their burgers. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

Exactly when and where is that picture from?  It looks photoshopped.

George
Junior Expert

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  George @2.1.4    last year

Sigh . . .

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.5    last year

PBS not a good enough source for you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.5    last year

RDTC is on ignore so I have no idea what is being said

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    last year

jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2    last year
“We learned that this Giant has lost over $500,000 in product loss which is about 20% of its sales after theft.”

Insurance! or some magical process that non progressive's don't understand will make it all okay. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2    last year

It's a form of reparation for the "oppressed."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    last year

Prove it!

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.2    last year

It has been proven to anyone that will open their eyes to it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    last year
"The number of officers employed by the LAPD has dropped below 9,000, a staffing level unseen since the administration of former LA Mayor Richard Riordan in the 1990s.

You want to do something stupid like defunding the police so they don't have enough officers, training or equipment, crime is going to rise.  Actions have consequences.  

A "flash mob" robbery took approximately $100,000 in merchandize (or "merch" as they say in Chicago) from a Nordstrom store in a popular shopping mall in the city of chaos.

This is why many businesses are removing their stores from these cities.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    last year

Just another reason why I will never again live in a blue or red metropolitan/suburban city. 

Interesting how not one leftist liberal as posted here yet.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5  afrayedknot    last year

“Just another reason why I will never again live in a blue or red metropolitan/suburban city. 

Interesting how not one leftist liberal as posted here yet.”

Not that I label myself as ‘leftist liberal’ as labels are so limiting, but having lived in both urban and rural settings, it is my opinion that you make  and take the best of your surroundings to enrich your life.

Have a son in NYC who loves it…the vibrancy, the access to the best arts, music, restaurants in the world. His brother lives in LA and the same adjectives apply. I live in a rural town in Western CO, where they were raised. We cherish the times when we can get together, regardless of which location.

And isn’t that the point? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  afrayedknot @5    last year

Nice!

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.2  cjcold  replied to  afrayedknot @5    last year

Lived in a major metropolis for years. Live way out in the sticks now.

They both have their points but in my senior years have come to hate crowds.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    last year

This insanity started during all those 2020 riots. Criminal behavior was ignored then - all these people saw it being ignored on TV and the internet - and so they learned that a group of hoodlums can operate with impunity.

I remember we watched Santa Monica cops “controlling” some peaceful assembly on Ocean Avenue, while just a few blocks away around 3rd and 4th streets (if there were a 1st street in Santa Monica, it would be Ocean), mobs were breaking into shops and loading up cars with their inventory. I mean we’re talking maybe half a mile away.

So now it’s common practice. All they have to do is take the simple precaution of covering their face a little. Cops say they have suspects, but that sounds like bullshit to me.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Tacos! @6    last year
Cops say they have suspects, but that sounds like bullshit to me.

If the police do have suspects they will be questioned and released without charges. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1    last year

Unless of course, you find yourself in the wrong neighborhood, where you are subject to any kind of interrogation, intimidation, or even torture if you are simply the wrong color. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1    last year
If the police do have suspects they will be questioned and released without charges. 

I doubt that. There is a conspiracy theory going around that people are not being prosecuted even though there is evidence to convict them. I have not seen proof of that. Having spent some time around prosecutors, I can tell you they LOVE to prosecute people. Convictions = career advancement. I can’t fathom why any prosecutor would simply let someone go when they could convict them of something. They are not generally interested in cutting anyone a break.

More likely to happen is that a suspect would be released due to a lack of sufficient evidence.

Even though these young hoodlums see their peers committing crime on TikTok, they don’t see the jail time that follows. Being morons, they don’t think there are consequences solely on the grounds that it’s not on social media. Eventually, people do get identified by video and they do get prosecuted.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.2    last year
Having spent some time around prosecutors, I can tell you they LOVE to prosecute people.

I said the cops wouldn't arrest them, no arrest = no prosecution.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.2    last year

You need proof of DA's not prosecuting despite evidence? Evidence is meaningless if they refuse to prosecute in the first place.

https://abc7.com/george-gascon-los-angeles-district-attorney-lada-misdemeanor-crimes/8674095/#:~:text=LOS%20ANGELES%20(KABC)%20%2D%2D%20The,by%20new%20DA%20George%20Gascon .

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office will no longer prosecute a range of misdemeanor crimes, from resisting arrest to drug possession to making criminal threats, according to a memo issued this week by new DA George Gascon.

Gascon announced a   sweeping range of reforms   when he was sworn-in Monday, including no longer seeking the death penalty and not using gang enhancements for sentencing.

In addition, he has issued a memo to prosecutors in his office seeking to change how they deal with a range of low-level crimes.

The memo spells out misdemeanors which should be declined or dismissed before arraignment, with a number of exceptions at the discretion of the prosecutor. Among them: Trespassing, disturbing the peace, driving with no license or a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug possession, drinking in public, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest, among others.

The exceptions include situations which may involve repeat offenses, domestic violence or physical force used against an officer, among others.

The policy also encourages the use of diversion programs which provide treatment rather than prosecution and jailing for many minor offenses.

It also discourages the imposing of fees and fines for such offenses, particularly for indigent defendants.

Here you go. They simply refuse to charge them. What good does it do to arrest them when they won't be charged?

The policy states that alternatives to criminal convictions should be considered, such as avoiding charging for criminal enhancements, which can significantly increase one's prison sentence, 'that would turn an otherwise immigration neutral offense into an immigration damaging one.'

'That's basically saying, "We're going to give you a pass because you used a gun,"' Eric Siddall, vice president of the Association for Deputy District Attorneys of Los Angeles County, told Fox News Digital.

Siddall explained that anyone under criminal investigation can contact the DA's office to 'present information concerning adverse immigration consequences' before a case is filed.

He has frequently criticized Gascon's directives - and said the new policy potentially discriminates against native-born suspects because they aren't at risk of deportation and won't be given the same consideration when charging decisions are made.

'That's saying we're going to give better deals to someone because of their immigration status,' he said.

The police states that: 'All charging determinations shall be undertaken with the goal of avoiding or mitigating the adverse immigration consequences of a decision when known, possible permitting.

'Under these circumstances and when, consistent with public safety alternatives to filing charges exist, those alternatives shall be pursued.'

The police, which prioritizes public safety and protects immigrants according to the DA's office, also state that pre-trial diversion programs can help deter deportation and other impacts on the immigration status of suspects. 

It added that prosecutors are still barred from cooperating with federal immigration authorities.

If you want I can provide a link to a well documented case of a gang shootout in Chicago where the George Soros backed DA refused to press charges.

Democrats and leftists do love their criminals. Wouldn't be a problem if they kept their policies in the bastions of stupidity; but they want to export their BS all over the US.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.5    last year

Let's not forget NYC's favorite progressive liberal Soros paid for DA Alvin Bragg.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.5    last year
The memo spells out misdemeanors which should be declined or dismissed before arraignment

Followed by a list of crimes which are either victimless or generally charged on bullshit grounds (e.g. resisting). But the seed is about shoplifting, burglary, grand theft, and robbery.

Government could prosecute absolutely everyone they encounter for every thing they can imagine. But the courts and jails would be overflowing to levels beyond absurdity. They have neither the facilities nor the funding for that. Not to mention, you’d end up with half the population in jail.

Discretion and diversion in the extremely low level cases covered are prudent.

Very often, people charged with such crimes are going through some mental health issues, and it’s more effective for public safety to have them treated, rather than make them part of the penal system. That just turns disturbed people into career criminals.

None of that is the same thing as the idea going around that cops and prosecutors don’t give a shit about crime.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.6    last year

How did Soros 'pay for' DA Bragg?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.8    last year

Campaign funds.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.2    last year
. Having spent some time around prosecutors, I can tell you they LOVE to prosecute people. Convictions = career advancement. I

Not this century in blue cities.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.9    last year

Dumb ass response to the original dumb ass comment

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.7    last year

I really should give up- but I really want to see you try and explain away this one.

There is an outcry from the mayor and some Chicago aldermen after men linked by police to a deadly gang shootout in Austin last week were released from custody. Prosecutors declined to charge each of them with a pair of felonies, including first-degree murder.

The mid-morning gunfight, which left one shooter dead and two of the suspects wounded, stemmed from an internal dispute between two gang factions, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

New video from city pod cameras shows what police say is two people pulling up and opening fire at an Austin home. They ducked for cover as the people inside fired back. One person was killed and two others were hurt in the shootout. Three people were arrested.

Police sought to charge all suspects with murder and aggravated battery. By Sunday morning, a Chicago police spokeswoman acknowledged the suspects had "been released without charges."

The Cook County state's attorney's office explained that prosecutors had "determined that the evidence was insufficient to meet our burden of proof to approve felony charges," a state's attorney's office spokeswoman said, adding that police officials agreed with the decision.

But a police report framed the state's attorney's office's decision to decline charges in a different light: "Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection." Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot and some West Side aldermen called on Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx to reverse her decision on the case.

"If they do not feel like the criminal justice system is going to hold them accountable, we're going to see a level of brazenness that will send the city into chaos and we cannot let that happen," the mayor said Monday.

Foxx said there was not enough evidence to support felony charges, and police said the people arrested refused to tell them anything. But Lightfoot, herself a former prosecutor, believes there's evidence to make a case.

You must be (or have been) a defense attorney- I have only heard the type of over the top spin you are using from those types.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.12    last year
I really should give up

I’d say that depends on your goals. Only you know what they are. Maybe consolidate your thoughts into a single point.

There is an outcry from the mayor and some Chicago

So are we done talking about LA? Suddenly we’re talking about Chicago. It also looks like we’re moving from general policy to a specific case.

I have only heard the type of over the top spin you are using

Speaking of spinning, the way you keep changing the topic and shifting the goalposts is truly dizzying.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.12    last year
ayor and some Chicago aldermen

Had this sent to me this afternoon from a family member in Chicago. There was a concert Saturday night at the United Center. A woman was stabbed in the head and there were (false) reports of a gunmen in a crowd that started a rush to the exits.  On there way out the attendees looted the vendors and anything they could take.  Anyone can find videos on social media showing the looting.

The police didn't report any crimes.  So per the City, no crimes occurred. The entire crime fighting apparatus from the DA to the police brass don't want to report crime so crime officially "goes down" and they are rewarded for stats that look pretty.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.15  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.9    last year

Some folks just do not want to hear that as it involves fact, reality, and truth and is anathema to their worldview. A answer is given and they just cannot handle it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.15    last year

YEP!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.17  cjcold  replied to  MonsterMash @6.1    last year

They'll be dealt with much like the 1-6 criminals.

They are on video and will be tracked down and prosecuted.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.18  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @6.1.17    last year

The perps almost all had on hoodies and masks. In addition, as this is in Los Angeles County, said authorities just have no real real desire to track them down anyway as it was not a federal crime like Jan 6 was. I'll be surprised if any are actually caught and prosecuted.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @6.1.17    last year

No arrest or prosecution.  

Some folks here are cold hearted and don't have empathy for folks that can't afford Yves Saint Laurent or Birkin bags and have to make do with  a Wu Tang or Satcomart bag. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.20  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @6.1.17    last year

Just like the Antifa/BLM rioters were./S

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.21  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.20    last year

Oh, you mean the peaceful protesters?/s

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.22  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @6.1.17    last year

Were they to do that in my store, I would shoot as many as possible.

Nip that behavior in the bud. Much like shooting Ashli Babbitt did. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.23  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @6.1.22    last year

Murder to protect property?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @6.1.22    last year

no trials necessary eh?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @6.1.22    last year

Exactly, a couple of head shots to the first few trying to leave sets a tone for the rest.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.26  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.23    last year

My home, car, store, watch.... Hell yes! Steal from me and die.

Anybody that is willing to risk my life is putting theirs on the line.

This liberal centrist carries a gun every day and has for decades.

Pretty sure my lawyer nor the prosecutor would call it murder.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1.27  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @6.1.26    last year

Purses before poor people, got it cjcold.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @6.1.26    last year

now in Cali there is a good chance you won't be tried

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.29  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.27    last year

Exactly. Every thief should know that about me. The last one learned it the hard way.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.30  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @6.1.29    last year

What makes you think that thieves are poor? Trump was never poor.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @6.1.30    last year

Whoop, there it is!!!!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.32  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.25    last year

In a situation like that, I'd aim for the ass. Bigger target and less lethal.

Letting the shits get away with it only encourages the next event.

GregTx
Professor Guide
6.1.33  GregTx  replied to  cjcold @6.1.32    last year
less lethal.

Depends on what you're packing....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.34  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  cjcold @6.1.32    last year

Twenty years of military small arms training stressed always go for center mass as it's a bigger easier target to hit.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7  Just Jim NC TttH    last year

Coming soon to a blue city near you............

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    last year

Is Woodland Hills a blue city?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    last year

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? I clearly said, "coming to a blue city near you". Had nothing to do with Woodland Hills.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.1    last year

this smash and grab happen in Woodland Hills

What does that mean 'coming to a blue city  near you?'

Makes no sense.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    last year

Woodland Hills is a neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.3    last year

Well no duh

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.3    last year

still doesn't make sense

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    last year

Most of the state’s coast is technically blue, but all politics is relative - even in California. I wouldn’t say WH exists at any kind of liberal extreme, especially compared to other options, like nearby Santa Monica.

How I know: I’ve lived in both places.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.4    last year
Well no duh

And 7.1.5  

-------------------------------------

Woodland Hills isn't a Los Angeles neighborhood? Many people disagree.

Woodland Hills  is a neighborhood bordering the  Santa Monica Mountains  in the  San Fernando Valley  region of  Los Angeles, California , United States.

Woodland Hills is an upscale neighborhood located on the edge of the Santa Monica Mountains in the San Fernando Valley of northern Los Angeles.

Woodland Hills is a neighborhood in Los Angeles, California

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.7    last year

So what?

Why the hell did you do so much 'research' to prove whatever point it is you're attempting to make?

Who cares?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.6    last year

Thanks for the explanation - I figured maybe in a roundabout way that maybe what JJ was trying to say - thanks for the clarification.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.9    last year

What didn't you understand about being a neighborhood IN the city of Los Angeles? Who would govern the area? Salt Lake City Utah?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.8    last year
Who cares?

Quite obviously you did. See 7.1.9 . I guess you just didn't like the source. But that's okay..............jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.10    last year

What's not to understand?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.10    last year

Where did I say that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.11    last year

No, why the fuck would I care?

Who cares what the source is when I didn't look at them in the first place?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.7    last year

Where did I say it wasn't?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.12    last year

You said it didn't make any sense. See 7.1.5

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.7    last year

Where did I say 'it wasn't a neighborhood in LA, CA'?

Point it out.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7.1.16    last year

I know what I said - I said your comment 'coming to a blue city near you' didn't make sense - and then all that nonsense from you and Jasper 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.1.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.18    last year

Because Woodland Hills is part of a blue city and it will spread to others. FFS. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.20  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.8    last year
So what? Why the hell did you do so much 'research'

I always do research before either making a comment or writing something. It's a valuable skill I learned in grammar school.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.1.20    last year

Pointless in this instance.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.22  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    last year
a blue city?

Does it matter?

Individual situations are just that.

Human nature takes over. No matter the politics of the governor or mayor.

Like the Bard said.....shit happens.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @7    last year

Don't you just love how liberal policies turn all they touch to shit.