╌>

Yikes! Biden Is at 60 Percent Against Kennedy and Williamson in the New CNN Poll

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  s  •  11 months ago  •  5 comments

Yikes! Biden Is at 60 Percent Against Kennedy and Williamson in the New CNN Poll
CNN survey found, “just a third of Americans say that Biden winning in 2024 would be a step forward or a triumph for the country.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

From a CNN poll, out today : “60 percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters say they back Biden for the top of next year’s Democratic ticket, 20 percent favor activist and lawyer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., and 8 percent back author Marianne Williamson. Another 8 percent say they would support an unnamed ‘someone else.’”

Battle stations! Battle stations!

Kennedy was at   21 percent in the Emerson poll in late April, but that poll had Biden at 70 percent . That’s in the neighborhood of   Pat Buchanan’s finish against George H.W. Bush in 1992 .

Is President Biden still the most likely 2024 Democratic presidential nominee? Yes. But at this rate, he’s going to limp to the nomination and enter the general election as a tremendously weak incumbent. That same CNN survey found, “just a third of Americans say that Biden winning in 2024 would be a step forward or a triumph for the country.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    11 months ago

"Horrible news, horrible for Joe Biden": New CNN poll finds 66% of Americans say a Biden victory would either be a "setback" or a "disaster"

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    11 months ago
Yes. But at this rate, he’s going to limp to the nomination and enter the general election as a tremendously weak incumbent. 

Pretty much what I expect.   Maybe early indications such as this will encourage the Ds to pick a stronger nominee.   Biden would be 82 in 2024 and would leave office (if still living) at 86.   That makes no logical sense given there are plenty of potential D candidates between the ages of say 45 to 65 who could run for PotUS.    And if Trump is the GOP nominee, they would have an excellent chance to win.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @2    11 months ago

I'm surprised a non fringe Democrat hasn't stepped up. Those numbers, among Democrats, are really bad for an incumbent President.  Trump is now winning against Biden in head to head matchups and Biden is probably one of the only Democrats Trump can win against (assuming they don't nominate someone from the squad or or someone like that.)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    11 months ago
Trump is now winning against Biden in head to head matchups ...

I have serious doubts of the veracity of those polls.   I can easily accept Biden an unpopular, but it would be remarkable if Trump were to be more popular in a general election.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.2  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @2    11 months ago
Pretty much what I expect.

Pretty much what I expect from the National Review anyway. Biden isn't all that popular, we get it. He really never was. 

Maybe early indications such as this will encourage the Ds to pick a stronger nominee. 

It will have to be stronger than these two. Then again once the noms are picked the party partisans will fall behind whomever sports their team colors. The rest of us will have to wade through the rhetoric to try to figure out which shit sandwich is easier to swallow.