╌>

NYC Hunter College professor cursed out anti-abortion students tabling at school

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  60 comments

By:   Allie Griffin (New York Post)

NYC Hunter College professor cursed out anti-abortion students tabling at school
A Manhattan college professor flipped out on a group of students who set up an information table opposing abortion inside the school building — cursing and tossing their pamphlets, video of the interaction shows.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Manhattan college professor flipped out on a group of students who set up an information table opposing abortion inside the school building — cursing and tossing their pamphlets, video of the interaction shows.

Shellyne Rodriguez, an adjunct professor, told the pro-life students they were "triggering" her students by tabling inside Hunter College in Manhattan earlier this month.

The footage was posted to Twitter by Students for Life of America.

"You're not educating s-t. This is f-king propaganda," the art professor told the students tabling on May 2. "What are you going to do like anti-trans next?"

A male student behind the table calmly told her, "I mean no, we're talking about abortion" and said he was sorry about "triggering" her students.

Rodriguez claimed their demonstration was "violent" and yelled at the male student behind the table that he wasn't sorry "because you can't even have a f-king baby," the video shows.

Shellyne Rodriguez said the pro-lifers were being "violent" by setting up the table and handing out literature.Rutgers UniversityRodriguez, an adjunct professor, shouted at the pro-life students that they were "triggering" her students.The Cooper Union

She then pushed the anti-abortion materials off the table toward the students while exclaiming "f-k this s-t" and walked off, according to the footage.

Hunter College, a public college that is part of the city's CUNY program, confirmed that Rodriguez works at the school and said it is aware of the altercation in a statement to Fox News.

A spokesperson for the college told the outlet that Hunter was "taking this matter very seriously."

Rodriguez told the pro-life students they didn't know what they were talking about before pushing their literature off the table.Twitter / @StudentsforLifeA representative for the school said Hunter College has opened an investigation into the professor's actions.Twitter / @StudentsforLifeHunter College says it is aware of the altercation involving the professor.Getty Images

"The provost has opened an investigation into the professor's actions," the rep said.

It's unclear what preceded the interaction before the video begins.

The PSC Graduate Center, a labor union chapter representing CUNY professors and graduate assistants, said it stands by Rodriguez "against right-wing anti-abortion backlash" and added that her actions were justified.

The center said the pro-life students "set up a table and prominent banners to propagate dangerously false propaganda."

"Her actions to shut down the tabling were fully justified, and are part of a long and celebrated CUNY legacy of confronting groups such as military recruiters who disseminate misleading information," the group said in a letter of support.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

A Manhattan college professor

That is a college professor?  How in the world have the people of the US let this happen?

I'm guessing that rotten soul is more the norm than the exception.

Where is the one who said  America has nothing to fear from such people?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago
That is a college professor?  How in the world have the people of the US let this happen?

Unfortunately, yes. This has been going on for decades. Look at some of the professors--Ayers, Dohrn, Boudin, Rosenberg, and Davis to name just a few.  All radicals and most of them committed crimes. Academia rolled out the proverbial red carpet for some of these idiots.

As those on the left veer ever leftward, expect their stranglehold on education to continue and amplify as they control most of the hiring. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    11 months ago
ademia rolled out the proverbial red carpet for some of these idiots.

If McVeigh had been a leftist he'd have been rewarded with a teaching job instead of the electric chair. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

meh, back in my day these rwnj religious wackos would have been combing the carpet for their teeth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2    11 months ago

sure, violence is the answer!

I mean, how dare someone be opposed to abortion, huh?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    11 months ago

Another prime example of the ever tolerant left.

She probably won't even be punished for her actions by the university.

Rodriguez claimed their demonstration was "violent" and yelled at the male student behind the table that he wasn't sorry "because you can't even have a f-king baby," the video shows.

Men can't have babies???!!!!!! She needs to turn in her leftist entitlement card right now! Where is the outrage from the leftists here? What does she mean men can't have babies???!!!!!! The nerve of her statement is galling!  It has been scientifically proven that men can have babies; and she needs to be censored for her comment!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @2    11 months ago
She probably won't even be punished for her actions by the university.

If anything, the FBI is keeping an eye on the pro-life students.

It has been scientifically proven that men can have babies; and she needs to be censored for her comment!

Lol, I learned that right here on NT.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    11 months ago

This intolerance of opposing views and the use of violence by the far left is nothing new. Shouting down speakers and vandalism by leftist loons has been going on for decades. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3    11 months ago

Why do they always turn to violence?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago

Probably an emotionally stunted person dealing with imposter syndrome who knows they can’t win an argument. So violence wins.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    11 months ago
Probably an emotionally stunted person

Yes, a binary one as well!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago

Rodriguez has since been fired by Hunter College for holding a machete to a reporters neck outside her apartment when he went to try to interview her after the incident at the college. I sincerely hope that nut case professor did not have tenure.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.3    11 months ago

They were going to try and get by with giving her a warning until she threatened the reporter.

Thank God that it was all on video tape.

And Sean Hannity got the reporter to speak out later

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

Let me take this opportunity to urge our readers to boycott corporations that have pandered to generation Z by using the ideology of evil in place of advertising.

Let us boycott Target

There are also sports teams. The LA Dodgers have now bowed down to hate groups:

After much thoughtful feedback from our diverse communities, honest conversations within the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and generous discussions with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, the Los Angeles Dodgers would like to offer our sincerest apologies to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, members of the LGBTQ+ community and their friends and families.     We have asked the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to take their place on the field at our 10th annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night on June 16th. We are pleased to share that they have agreed to receive the gratitude of our collective communities for the lifesaving work that they have done tirelessly for decades.     In the weeks ahead, we will continue to work with our LGBTQ+ partners to better educate ourselves, find ways to strengthen the ties that bind and use our platform to support all of our fans who make up the diversity of the Dodgers family.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    11 months ago

If any Catholics work for the dodgers, they should sue them for  creating a hostile work environment

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    11 months ago

You bet!  Just like the Chicago PD has done.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    11 months ago

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are a hate group? LOL!

Sisters Risque of the Sissyteen Chapel (SF), Sister Viva L'Amour (SF), and Sister Rhoda Kill (LA)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @4.2    11 months ago

The Dodgers are already sorry.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    11 months ago

Have been for years.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    11 months ago

As the gop declares they won The Culture War!

Young America increasingly vote against them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5    11 months ago
As the gop declares they won The Culture War!

You mean the one that the left won years ago?

The left in academia brainwashed at least one generation.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    11 months ago
The left in academia brainwashed at least one generation.

Nonsense, I taught 3 generations and now they are all upstanding Monarchist Libertarian Trotskyites.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.1    11 months ago

When you get a chance read post 6.

It seems that you have been overshadowed as a teacher.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    11 months ago

I only pretend to be crazy, she's the real thing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.3    11 months ago

Tell us how she got to be a professor.  Am I wrong about the University?

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.4    11 months ago
Tell us how she got to be a professor. 

She appears to teach in the same field I taught so my guess would be that her body temp was normal.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5    11 months ago

Odd way to support fascism in action, but you do you.

might makes right!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @5    11 months ago
Young America increasingly vote against them.

And then they get a job and look at how much taxes are taken out of their paychecks to give to other people and they change their vote

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    11 months ago

The same professor now threatened a reporter with a machete. 

I think the Biden Admin is now recruiting her for the DOJ.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    11 months ago

Following the machete incident with the reporter, Hunter College has fired her.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @6.1    11 months ago

I guess we found  the line.  You can harass students and  silence speech, but a machete is a bridge too far. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.2  GregTx  replied to  Snuffy @6.1    11 months ago

They relieved of her teaching duties. She'll be reassigned in the NYC college system somewhere. Her union is backing her up.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  GregTx @6.1.2    11 months ago
Her union is backing her up.

Why am I not surprised.  The NY Post articles state she was fired, but not surprising the union is backing her.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.3    11 months ago
but not surprising the union is backing her.   

I think it is just such union antics which have been instrumental in the lower membership numbers.

How can anyone think this woman should not be fired for what she did?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.5  Snuffy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    11 months ago

Seeing how there's pictures, it shouldn't take the NYPD too long to bring charges.  As she's currently suing them I imagine they will be careful to cross every t and dot every i,  but this seems an easy case of assault with a deadly weapon.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.6  JBB  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.5    11 months ago

Is scattering a few pamphlets criminal?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    11 months ago

Read the NY Post article in 6 or 6.1

Holding a machete to the neck of a reporter and threating to chop him up is criminal. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.7    11 months ago

She has now been fired.

In New York Machetes are illegal. Putting them to someone's neck must be regarded as attempted murder, but it's NYC so who knows if anything will happen.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    11 months ago
Is scattering a few pamphlets criminal?

Do try to keep up.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  Jasper2529  replied to  GregTx @6.1.2    11 months ago
Her union is backing her up.

Even though she was fired from Hunter (CUNY school) - but only after the hallway machete incident and then chasing the reporter and photographer outside to threaten them again - her union still supports her and can place her in another CUNY school without anyone questioning such action. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  GregTx @6.1.2    11 months ago

That's why I sure hope that crazy fool did not have tenure.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.8    11 months ago

Last I knew, that falls under attempted assault/murder with a deadly weapon.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.12    11 months ago
Last I knew, that falls under attempted assault/murder with a deadly weapon.

Well, if NY had a decent DA, this would be charged.

But a leftist loon did the deed, so I really don't expect her to be prosecuted for it.

Maybe if the victims had been pro-choice things would be different, or maybe if they had been minorities it would be different.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.12    11 months ago

We'll wait and see.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
6.1.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    11 months ago

You planning to defend her machete use saying it wasn't sharp enough to actually slice the neck of the person she was threatening?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.14    11 months ago

I read this morning that she is now playing the victim card. In New York it will probably fly.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.16    11 months ago
I read this morning that she is now playing the victim card.

yeah, she tried that from the start--claiming that the anti-abortion folk were 'violent'.

If the DA is a decent person, he or she will bring assault charges at the least against her.

The union backing her is monumentally stupid for doing so.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.18  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.17    11 months ago

Well, no one has ever claimed unions were bastions of high intellect.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.11    11 months ago

She's only an adjunct professor.

An  adjunct professor  is a type of academic appointment in  higher education  who does not work at the establishment full-time. In the  United States , an adjunct is, in most cases, a non- tenure-track  faculty member. [1] [2]  However, it can also be a scholar or teacher whose primary employer is not the school or department with which they have adjunct status. [3]  Adjunct professors make up the majority of instructors in higher education (post-secondary) institutions.

She was fired by Hunter, but she still has her job at another city/state arts school.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.20  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.19    11 months ago

Disgusting either way.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1.21  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.20    11 months ago
Disgusting either way.

Indeed she is disgusting. She also proudly sports a "FTP" tattoo (F!ck the police) on her arm.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.16    11 months ago

I also heard that she demanded that her students contribute to left wing causes. It must be easy to intimidate scared young white kids.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    11 months ago
told the pro-life students they were "triggering" her students Shellyne Rodriguez said the pro-lifers were being "violent" by setting up the table and handing out literature.

So in typical liberal fashion she pitches a fit.  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @7    11 months ago
So in typical liberal fashion she pitches a fit.  

They have to play to their strength.  Pitching a fit is what they do best.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1    11 months ago

True.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8  Right Down the Center    11 months ago

The center said the pro-life students "set up a table and prominent banners to propagate dangerously false propaganda."

"Her actions to shut down the tabling were fully justified, and are part of a long and celebrated CUNY legacy of confronting groups such as military recruiters who disseminate misleading information," the group said in a letter of support.

Sure would like to know if they actually read any of the material or just blindly agreed with the whackadoodle.   

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @8    11 months ago

I'd be interested to know why or how they think military recruiters disseminate misleading information.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
8.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1    11 months ago

I would be interested to know how their college brochure about getting a good education at their school is not misleading considering who they have as a professor 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9  Jasper2529    11 months ago

Rodriguez has a stellar history of being a "role model"  ... 

Shellyne Rodriguez, 45, is a  part of Take back The Bronx  and  helped organize  “FTP” protests in the Bronx in the wake of George Floyd’s death, one of which was advertised by the group with images of a burning NYPD ban and the words: “We talking about a revolution.”

Shellyne Rodriguez, 45, is also a member of Decolonize This Place and played a  leading role  when the anarchist group  targeted the Whitney Museum .

The anarchist group also vandalized the city’s subway in 2019 with anti-cop graffiti.

The Post can reveal that Rodriguez has a long history of outrageous conduct.

In June 2020 she boasted to the Mott Haven Herald that she had been zip-tied by police during anti-police protests in the Bronx in the wake of George Floyd’s death. The aim was “to incite people to react, respond, and self-determine,” she said.

The group promoted the march on its Instagram. The account also calls police “pigs” and  refers to Italian Americans  as “goomba eyetalians.”

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
10  MonsterMash    11 months ago

The machete-wielding  NYC professor  who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter surrendered to police Thursday morning, even though she insists she's the victim and said the entire incident "has taken a toll on my mental health."

She told ARTnews that Hunter College fired her because the school 'capitulated' to 'racists, white nationalist, and misogynists.' 

Surprise, surprise, a looney tune has mental health issues. jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif