╌>

Flu Shot Substitute

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  10 months ago  •  6 comments

Flu Shot Substitute

Here is the substitute for the flu shot. 

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.

One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.

As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.

The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. 'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this?' pointing to the bowl.

'Oh, yes,' she replied, 'Isn't it wonderful?   I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter.' 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    10 months ago

My older brother continues to be my source via email.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    10 months ago

Evening.. yep got to hand it to him again..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1    10 months ago

He has a long list of friends with whom he corresponds, and they all send each other jokes.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    10 months ago

that was funny

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @2    10 months ago

I don't know if it will go over so well with the anti-vaxers.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  author  Buzz of the Orient    10 months ago

Perhaps jokes aren't particularly welcome on this site unless they're about politics.