╌>

Teens up ante with most dangerous TikTok challenge yet

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  freefaller  •  11 months ago  •  11 comments

Teens up ante with most dangerous TikTok challenge yet

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The latest moronic TikTok challenge could cost participants their life if it spreads to the United States.

Although most of the previous “challenges” posted on the social-media outlet are dangerous, the trespassing challenge could top them all, especially in countries like the U.S., where guns are far more prevalent and homeowners more likely to use them.

The challenge originated with a group of teens filming themselves illegally entering a home in London and confronting the owner of the house. The account that uploaded the original video, captioned with “walking into random houses,” appears to be suspended, according to   the   New York Post   , but the video has gone viral on Reddit and Twitter.

In the video, the teens ignore a woman sweeping up and enter the house through the front door, which is slightly open. The women follows the home invaders inside and calls for the owner to “come to the front door right now,” which he does.

“Is this where the study group is,” the teen recording the intrusion asks the owner, pretending to be confused. The group gets a negative response from the owner James, but boldly enters the living room and sits on the couch.

After James tells them he’s “got kids,” the group of teens leaves the house with the videographer saying, “I thought this was the study group.”

The video drew the ire of many, suggesting teens in the U.S. could get shot pulling a similar prank.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Freefaller    11 months ago

If this challenge catches on in the US, there are going to be tragic results

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @1    11 months ago

I guess that will depend upon the common sense intelligence of the persons who view that "challenge". Challenges have always been there, and any social media site can make them more popular and therefore more often lethal.   IMO the problem would not be the challenge so much as it would be the proliferation of guns and itchy trigger fingers with the exoneration of "stand your ground".  I remember that when I was a kid we used to play pranks on the night before Hallowe'en that would get us shot in the USA today.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Freefaller @1    11 months ago

yeah, I don't see anything good coming out of this.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  devangelical @1.2    11 months ago

Gotta agree

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    11 months ago

Potential Darwin Award winners. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    11 months ago

More likely to be true in the USA than elsewhere.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  JohnRussell @2    11 months ago

Definately

shona1
PhD Quiet
3  shona1    11 months ago

Excellent..they can call this craze.. thinning the herd..

Are some people born stupid or do they work at it..

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  shona1 @3    11 months ago

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1.1  shona1  replied to  Ender @3.1    11 months ago

One of the reasons why we need to become a Republic..🤣🤣

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  shona1 @3    11 months ago

To come up with something like this I think they actually work at it