╌>

Virginia mom says activists threatened to 'curb stomp' her for speaking out against school curriculum

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  45 comments

By:   Joshua Nelson (Fox News)

Virginia mom says activists threatened to 'curb stomp' her for speaking out against school curriculum
Loudoun County mom and Army of Parents co-founder Alisha Brand told "Fox & Friends" demands accountability for the "threats of death" made against her.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Parents in Loudoun County, Virginia, say they have become targets of violent threats on social media for speaking out against the school district's LGBTQ agenda.

"They said that they wanted to curb stomp me," Loudoun County mom and Army of Parents co-founder Alisha Brand told "Fox & Friends" Friday of threats made on the "Loudoun Love Warriors" Facebook page.

Brand said her organization, which she described as a 501(c)(4) that advocates for excellence in education, school safety and parental rights, has made activists online "very angry," leading to "threats of death."

"I'm not sure if your audience is aware of the violent nature of curb stomping, but what it does entail is grabbing somebody by the back of the head, forcing their mouth open, pushing them down to the ground with their face on the cement, their mouth around the curb, and then somebody else stomping on the back of their head," she continued.

"This is murder, it's a felony, and this is what I was threatened with by these activists who are tied to our political candidates."

Parents and community members attend a Loudoun County School Board meeting about critical race theory in Ashburn, Virginia, on June 22, 2021.(REUTERS/Evelyn Hockstein)

The "Loudoun Love Warriors" group includes members who appear to be associated with Loudoun County Commonwealth's Attorney Buta Biberaj, County Supervisor Juli Briskman, School Board Chair Ian Serotkin, school board member Brenda Sheridan, school board member Atoosa Reaser, school board member Erika Ogedegbe, school board candidate Anne Donohue, sheriff candidate Craig Buckley, and Chair Phyllis Randall. None of these elected officials personally made any threats.

Loudoun County resident Mark Winn told WJLA he learned of messages on the group threatening his life and livelihood after he addressed the school board in Dec. 2022.

"[LGBT] behaviors should never have been promoted, taught, or encouraged in the schools that you oversee," he said at the meeting. "Get back to reading, writing and arithmetic and quit grooming and pimping."

Scott Mineo, another Loudoun County parent, told WJLA that activists "went after" his job.

"They referred me to the FBI, IRS, and DHS all because they don't like my opinion," he said.

Members of the group, called Loudoun Love Warriors, had posted hostile comments that threatened other parents who challenged LGBTQ books.(Education Images/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

"They're probably going to sit back and celebrate the fact that I'm unemployed. I'm having a hard time finding a job. And who knows what's next with the IRS and the FBI? I don't know. But they've done more than just put me out of a job. It's impacting my family, my kids."

Brand said she's taken the issue to the team of House Judiciary Committee Chair Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, hoping for an investigation into the threats and accountability. She also called for legislation to protect parents who advocate for their children in public forums like school board meetings.

"This is a First Amendment right," Bland said.

A spokesperson for the Loudoun County Public Schools directed Fox News Digital to statements that some Loudoun County officials have made in public regarding the controversy.

"Violent threats are never acceptable and at times can be criminal. I personally condemn all violent language and my office will be investigating whether a crime was committed. Due to the possibility of a criminal investigation, I can not comment further at this time," Loudoun County Commonwealth's Attorney Buta Biberaj said in response to the news.

Fox News' Jeffrey Clark contributed to this report.

Joshua Q. Nelson is a reporter for Fox News Digital.

Joshua focuses on politics, education policy ranging from the local to the federal level, and the parental uprising in education.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

Is anyone aware of the violent nature of "curb stomping?"

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

I understand a certain Tim Profitt popularized the maneuver.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.1    last year

Oh, that's the one Rand Paul gave the boot to.

I'll reread that tonight when I need to fall asleep.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    last year
"I'm not sure if your audience is aware of the violent nature of curb stomping, but what it does entail is grabbing somebody by the back of the head, forcing their mouth open, pushing them down to the ground with their face on the cement, their mouth around the curb, and then somebody else stomping on the back of their head," she continued. "This is murder, it's a felony

it sounds like she has experience with this activity. 

"This is murder, it's a felony

I'm glad she was able to figure that out. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    last year

If only Alvin Bragg or Merrick Garland could figure it out

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3  cjcold    last year

The last thing any school board needs is a small, loud group of ignorant far right wing fascists attempting to push their small-minded theocratic prejudices on all children.

There's always home schooling.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @3    last year
is a small, loud group of ignorant far right wing fascists

Is that the radical left's latest name for parents?

Correction: they are neither ignorant, political or in any way small.

And those are their kids, not yours and not Mao's.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    last year
[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3    last year
The last thing any school board needs is a small, loud group of ignorant far right wing fascists attempting to push their small-minded theocratic prejudices on all children.

Well, thank God THAT isn't happening in America!!!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.3  bugsy  replied to  cjcold @3    last year
fascists

Again, the same word that the user has zero knowledge of the meaning.

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @3.3    last year

Haters gotta hate.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4  Greg Jones  replied to  cjcold @3    last year

"[LGBT] behaviors should never have been promoted, taught, or encouraged in the schools that you oversee," he said at the meeting. "Get back to reading, writing and arithmetic and quit grooming and pimping."

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  cjcold @3    last year

Sounds like you approve of curb stomping them.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
3.6  Freewill  replied to  cjcold @3    last year

Indeed!  The last thing any school board needs is a small loud group of ANY activists pushing their prejudices on all our children.  What they should be focused on is teaching our children math, science, economics and critical thinking as we are headed towards a cliff where science/engineering and rational economics skills are going to be very badly needed.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.7  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @3    last year

The last thing anyone with a brain cell left is a radical POS school board and public education system that is acting as an indoctrination system for Democrat dogma.

There is a solution- remove the left wing radical school boards- which is happening (far too slowly); or defund public schools.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    last year

I wasnt aware of this controversy, so I briefly looked it up . The Army Of Parents is saying a Facebook group of , progressives I guess, made threats against them. AOP wants to turn this into an all consuming controversy. 

I will stipulate that someone in AOP got a 'death threat'.  On what basis should this be something turned into a national issue? Controversial figures  get death threats all the time.  I bet you Ocasio-Cortez gets more death threats in a week then AOP has gotten in total. Yet we dont see the congresswoman talking about them all the time. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year
I wasnt aware of this controversy,

I'm not sure I'd dignify it with the term "controversy".   Online right wing Karen got threats from a couple of sad left wing keyboard warriors.

I'd be surprised if any of these people can lift 50 pounds, much less actually seriously injure an adult human.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1    last year
I'd be surprised if any of these people can lift 50 pounds, much less actually seriously injure an adult human.

But there are the crazies who can. Don't forget what happened in Nashville

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    last year
I bet you Ocasio-Cortez gets more death threats in a week then AOP has gotten in total.

I'll take that bet.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    last year

Was it really necessary to describe the act in detail?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @5    last year

Some folks may not be familiar with what curb stomping is.

Now they know how violent the idiots threatening these folks are.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @5    last year

Yeah, that was pretty specific.    I guess I didn’t know their was such a specific way to perform a proper curb stomp.    Been awhile but form varied greatly in my fighting days.

Sounds like something one of those antifa pussies came up with.    Right along with their “Clock” 19’s.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    last year

Sounds like another group of deranged liberals espousing violence if their goals aren't instituted.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    last year

No one should be threatening violence, but I’d be willing to bet we’re talking about one keyboard warrior. Somehow that becomes national newsworthy. It’s unclear to me if she reported it to police or just called Fox.

Brand said she's taken the issue to the team of House Judiciary Committee Chair Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, hoping for an investigation into the threats and accountability.

See, I would have called the cops or the FBI before I called my congressman . . . or a TV news network.

She also called for legislation to protect parents who advocate for their children in public forums like school board meetings.

What would such legislation look like, I wonder? True threats, battery, and murder are already crimes. The First Amendment is about how government responds to your speech. If regular people don’t like your speech, there’s not much we can do about that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @7    last year
See, I would have called the cops or the FBI before I called my congressman . . . or a TV news network.

Gee, I don't know. Teachers didn't do any of that, they got Justice to name parents as dangerous and threats!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    last year

You mean since they were genuinely concerned with actual threats, they went to law enforcement (that’s what DOJ does)? Yeah, that’s basically what I said they should do. It’s what anyone should do if they’ve been threatened. After that, if I were unsatisfied, I might go to a congressman or the press, but I’m pretty sure I’d be calling law enforcement first.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    last year

oh well she did what she wanted to do

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @7.1.1    last year
mean since they were genuinely concerned with actual threats, they went to law enforcement (that’s what DOJ does)

Is it the DOJ's job to investigate local crime threats? What threats, specifically,  were made justifying DOJ involvement in threats to schoolboards previously and how were they worse than threatening to kill this lady, or broadcasting a desire to show up with guns at school board meetings?   I seem to remember the DOJ based it on a public letter that cited a parent being angry that his daughter was sexually assaulted in the women's bathroom by a cross dressing male.  I don't remember the left attacking the people who wrote the public  letter, misguided as it was, for doing so. 

uld have called the cops or the FBI before I called my congressman . . . or a TV news network.

Loudon County Sherriff are investigating.   You'll have to find a new angle to attack people being threatened. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.3    last year
Is it the DOJ's job to investigate local crime threats?

Sure, it can be. Crimes committed over phone lines, in the mail, or on the internet can be federal crimes. Also, a lot of local law enforcement agencies just don’t have the resources to investigate that kind of crime.

What threats, specifically,  were made justifying DOJ involvement in threats to schoolboards previously and how were they worse

You’d have to ask Texan. I didn’t bring it up. We all may not even be thinking of the same events. In any case, it’s rarely effective to try and make direct comparisons between different cases.

Loudon County Sherriff are investigating.

Interesting, if true. That information was not in the seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @7    last year

Sounds like Greg's comment at 3.4 is the crux of it - what is said in that ignorant comment - does not happen.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @7.2    last year

funny how gooberville is usually ground zero for FOX victimhood...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    last year

Man, this group doing the threatening sounds so much worse than any thumper group even thought of being!

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @8    last year

it's probably the conservative parents of LGBTQ kids doing most of the dialing.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @8.1    last year

oh yeah what a genius move, threatening people with who you agree with.

that makes SOOO much sense!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    last year

I am not surprised by how eager  the 'using the wrong pronoun is  genocide' crowd is to minimize the  psychotic  behavior of the Loudon Love Warriors. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
10  Freefaller    last year

There's too much threatening by all sides about everything going on these days.  What ever happened to the old axiom of treat others as you would wish to be treated

cjcold
Professor Quiet
11  cjcold    last year

After considering it, this is likely just another fake story like so many persecution claims from right wingers. Just another among many with no proof to back it up. 

Perfect for right wing media to invent and then exploit. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @11    last year

The story is real whether you like the source or not.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
11.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    last year
The story is real

The story reeks of contrived propaganda and fear mongering.

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.2  devangelical  replied to  cjcold @11    last year

gotta protect them kids from being woke, while the leading cause of their deaths is gun violence.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @11.2    last year

no just have to protect them from folks who always espouse violence.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @11.2    last year

Yep, gotta protect them from loons[Deleted]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
11.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @11.2    last year

Don't worry;

Motor vehicle deaths are a very close second; and suicides are rising- guess being woke should qualify as a mental illness.

Looking forward to leftists demanding that teens not be allowed to drive until they are 21.

And if they show any signs of wokeness being committed to a sanitarium until their are 21.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
11.2.4  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @11.2.1    last year
who always espouse violence

Yep, that is definitely the far right wing fascists.

Preaching hate and violence against the 'other' is a right wing thingy.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
11.2.5  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @11.2.3    last year
signs of wokeness

Sure can't have kids showing understanding and compassion for their fellow humans.

You seem to be confusing 'wokeness' with fascism.