╌>

The strange case of Abby Grossberg

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  48 comments

The strange case of Abby Grossberg
“The assertion that Ms. Grossberg was coached or intimidated into being dishonest during her Dominion deposition is patently false,” a Fox spokesperson told TIME in a statement.

Link to Quote: https://time.com/6275961/tucker-carlson-lawsuit-abby-grossberg-interview/

We've been hearing a lot about a Fox News producer who was fired from the network back in March. It seems she has two lawsuits against her former employer and for a company that usually dispenses with its legal issues via settlements, these two lawsuits are going to have their day in court. Fox has no interest in settling with Abby Grossberg and maintains that she lost her job because of her poor performance. 

th?id=OIF.zjD5%2b0p67Kp2SFJ4GmoBjQ&pid=Api&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=121&h=121
Abby Grossberg

Who is she?

It seems that she was a producer for ABC News before Fox hired her.

Did she have any party affiliation?

We know this much: she had voted twice for Barack Obama and for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Those might just be the pertinent facts.

The position that Fox initially needed filled was that of producer for Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. Grossberg applied and landed the job. That was her role until last year when she took over for booking guests for the Tucker Carlson show. Among Grossberg's many allegations is that Fox pressured her to give false testimony in the Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation case and that Fox was somehow misogynistic. She even turned on Bartiromo, accusing her using exclusive Trump interviews to protect herself from Fox and of furthering what leftists refer to as "the big lie." In the case of Tucker Carlson, she never even met the man since Grossberg was allowed to work from home.

Here was Maria Bartiromo's response to the claim that she used Donald Trump's interviews as an insurance policy against Fox:

“I have interviewed four American presidents and several international heads of state during my distinguished career and have had rapports with leading figures across the world,” Bartiromo said through a spokesperson. “These allegations are absurd and patently false.”

https://time.com/6275961/tucker-carlson-lawsuit-abby-grossberg-interview/

Does anyone get the feeling that there is a similarity here to the allegations of Alexander Vindman?

Here is the most telling part:

Taken together, Grossberg’s two lawsuits paint a portrait of a network so devoted to ratings that it pushed conspiracy theories to an audience desperate to believe them. She’s the first to admit that she once believed what Bartiromo and Carlson said. “I wanted [Trump] to win too. It was weird. It’s like another version of myself that I can’t connect to,” she says. “But I see how that power and seduction influences people.”

https://time.com/6275961/tucker-carlson-lawsuit-abby-grossberg-interview/

No Abby, people who vote for Obama twice and Hillary in 2016 don't suddenly "want Trump to win."

You are full of shit my dear.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

Good luck on the lawsuits Abby.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

seems like abby helped get tucker replaced.

oh, the irony...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    11 months ago

Where is your proof?

LINK PLEASE

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    11 months ago

just another poor guess.

if they ever had proof for some of these preposterous claims, they would be able to provide a link.

it is funny to see some of what they post.

not sure if they believe the bs or just trying to sell dumb leftists theories

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    11 months ago

That is a good question. Do they really believe what they are saying?

Carlson wasn't named in the suits and as far as Dominion goes, he was the only host to say I'm not putting Sidney Powell on my show anymore. I think the parting of the ways was a reflex response for Fox. They want less controversy.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    11 months ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    11 months ago

facts only get in the way of far left nut jobs and their little pet theories!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    11 months ago
if they ever had proof for some of these preposterous claims, they would be able to provide a link. it is funny to see some of what they post.

I've lost count of how many times I've asked people to provide proof of their claims.

I'll take "Both" for $1,000, Alex.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    11 months ago
he was the only host to say I'm not putting Sidney Powell on my show anymore.

did he say that on the air

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.6    11 months ago
to provide proof

I've lost count of the times I've provided proof and it was ignored.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    11 months ago

You beat me to it cj

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  JBB  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    11 months ago

That is the defining element of rightwing false grace. It is false. They're full of shit!

They demand proof, but won't accept it...

Just showing their asses playing gotcha!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Jasper2529  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    11 months ago
I've lost count of the times I've provided proof and it was ignored.

Your experiences are not my concern. I suggest you discuss them in a PN with those members and leave me out of it.

However, I recently asked you for proof on another seed/article, but you ignored my comment. It certainly didn't bother me.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.12  JBB  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.11    11 months ago

Are you taking suggestions? I've got some!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @1.1.12    11 months ago

??

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.14  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    11 months ago

Don't expect an answer, [deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    11 months ago

original

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    11 months ago

This is one of the crazier of these "weekly recap" articles I can recall seeing. 

First of all, it is hardly only "leftists" who believe there was a "big lie" perpetrated by Trump and his supporters such as Fox News. 

Secondly, voting for Democrats before hardly precludes someone becoming a Trump supporter later. But even if she never became a Trump supporter , so fucking what? 

Thirdly, this ridiculous article seems to be holding Maria Bartiromo up as some sort of paragon, when the fact is she was at the forefront of the lies that cost Fox $780,000,000 dollars recently. 

Abby Grossberg is on record saying she is looking forward to testifying, but whats worse for Fox and for the premise of this article, her lawyer has offered to "debate" anyone from Fox about the material facts of this case, on the air. No reply. 

He says they have the "receipts". 

Articles like this with the constant reference to "leftists" are nothing but hysteria. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    11 months ago
This is one of the crazier of these "weekly recap" articles I can recall seeing. 

Lol...It's not a weekly recap. I stopped those because we were all concerned about the leftist outrage here at the time. We didn't want helpless animals killed or tortured.

First of all, it is hardly only "leftists" who believe there was a "big lie" perpetrated by Trump and his supporters such as Fox News. 

Only leftists refer to it that way. What makes it a bigger lie than Hillary Clinton saying she was robbed in 2016?

Secondly, voting for Democrats before hardly precludes someone becoming a Trump supporter later. But even if she never became a Trump supporter , so fucking what? 

There is an inverse relationship between those who voted for Obama, Hillary, Biden vs those who voted for Trump. Those are far opposite ends of the spectrum. Those lines don't get crossed. She can save her bullshit for the idiots who watch "maddow."

Thirdly, this ridiculous article seems to be holding Maria Bartiromo up as some sort of paragon, when the fact is she was at the forefront of the lies that cost Fox $780,000 dollars recently. 

In no way does it do that. It simply shows the contrast between what Grossberg alleges and what Bartiromo maintains.

Abby Grossberg is on record saying she is looking forward to testifying, but whats worse for Fox and for the premise of this article, her lawyer has offered to "debate" anyone from Fox about the material facts of this case, on the air. 

You missed one of my main points. Fox usually prefers settlements to court. This time they are more than willing to go to court.

Articles like this with the constant reference to "leftists" are nothing but hysteria.

The current leftist regime has the country so fucked up that the Venezuelans might just turn around and run back home.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago

[Deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    11 months ago

Off Topic as usual.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago

You are out of gas with this senseless article. What else is new? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.4    11 months ago

Says the guy who thinks Biden was trying to shake hands with someone in the next county.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    11 months ago

Why do you say such stupid things? 

There is video of EXACTLY what happened when you claim Biden turned to shake hands with no one. He was making a hand gesture to people sitting on stage about 10 feet away. We KNOW this because he then turned and made the same gesture to people sitting on the other side of the stage. 

You must think everyone is as stupid as the right wing sites you follow. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    11 months ago
We KNOW this because he then turned and made the same gesture to people sitting on the other side of the stage. 

He was desperately looking for someone, ANYONE to shake hands with so he didn't look so much like a fool for the first reach to nowhere. Hand extended out waiting for someone to shake it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    11 months ago
Why do you say such stupid things? 

I think you are a little confused. That would be our feminist leader or our critical thinker

There is video of EXACTLY what happened when you claim Biden turned to shake hands with no one. He was making a hand gesture to people sitting on stage about 10 feet away. We KNOW this because he then turned and made the same gesture to people sitting on the other side of the stage. 

Yup. The video shows NOBODY near him. He was totally lost up there and that's why his campaign announcement was on a pre-recoded video. We are going to see very little of him over the next year or two.

You must think everyone is as stupid as the right wing sites you follow. 

The word is feeble-minded. Like those who believe professor Derrik Bell and read the legacy media.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    11 months ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.9    11 months ago

Uh, I am not trying to convince the morons in this society. I am telling you what a video of the event shows. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    11 months ago

[deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago
I stopped those because we were all concerned about the leftist outrage here

What are you talking about ?

Those are far opposite ends of the spectrum. Those lines don't get crossed.

Until they do. There were a lot of Obama voters that voted fro trump. Not sure why but there were.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.12    11 months ago
There were a lot of Obama voters that voted fro trump.

Link please

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.14  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    11 months ago

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.15  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    11 months ago
Link please

I see that Pat supplied the link in 3.1.14  (Thanks Pat).   And from personal experience, I voted for Obama (his first term, could not revote for him for the second) and I voted for Trump in 2016.  So I am also included in that group.

I still stand by my belief however.  I think a lot of people believed Obama's "hope and change" in the beginning but after his first term many of them came to realize that he was just another politician which is why his vote count dropped by almost 4 million in 2012.  And I still believe that Trump won in 2016 because people are fed up with the usual politician who gets into office.  Despite everything that Trump did while in office,  IMO had Covid not happened Trump would have won his second term.  

Hallux
Masters Principal
3.1.16  Hallux  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.12    11 months ago

Those were more likely Bernie voters who got royally pissed at Hillary along with the disease of populism that infected both Bernie and Donald voters.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.17  pat wilson  replied to  Hallux @3.1.16    11 months ago

During Memorial weekend 2016 I was traveling through some of the bluest counties in Cali. Saw zero Hillary and zero trump signs, plenty of Bernie's though.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    11 months ago
I am telling you what a video of the event shows. 

And you are the ONLY one giving that fiction.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    11 months ago
Only leftists refer to it that way. What makes it a bigger lie than Hillary Clinton saying she was robbed in 2016?

Stacey Abrams ... twice? She still hasn't conceded.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.20  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.18    11 months ago

Much like Trump saying "I never said that" when there is video of him saying it over and over.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.21  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @3.1.20    11 months ago

And is that somehow supposed to change the fact that Geriatric Joe was trying to shake hands with somebody who wasn't there?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @3.1.16    11 months ago

Those Bernie voters really fucked us over.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    11 months ago

[ Deleted ]

Sorry, John Establishment Republicans don't count. Nor do those pretend independents that somehow seem to vote Democrat every time. Nor does our Democrat run Federal Government- including the DOJ, FBI, and IRS.

When you hear anyone scream about the big lie- you know that TDS is driving their every thought and action.

[ Deleted ] A Democrat working for Fox News, and turning against them? She is set for career after this and knows it. Every leftist media outlet will be at her door.

Thirdly, this ridiculous article seems to be holding Maria Bartiromo up as some sort of paragon, when the fact is she was at the forefront of the lies that cost Fox $780,000 dollars recently. 

Abby Grossberg is on record saying she is looking forward to testifying, but whats worse for Fox and for the premise of this article, her lawyer has offered to "debate" anyone from Fox about the material facts of this case, on the air. No reply. 

He says they have the "receipts". 

Fox paid $787.5 million to avoid going to trial with Dominion. So you forgot several zeros. Considering how much Fox is worth they can easily afford it.

If Dominion wins its case against Fox News , the $1.6 billion reward wouldn't significantly dent the channel's overall net worth. According to Macrotrends , Fox News has a net worth of $16.44 billion as of April 17, 2023.

Dominion received shut up and go away money; funny how Dominion has shut up after the settlement. They are smarter than Stormy that is racking up a huge amount of money she owes Trump. They are definitely smarter than Abby and her lawyer. They had the money to handle a long drawn out, expensive lawsuit against Fox. Does Abby?

Vic is correct, Fox normally settles these issues out of court. Easier to pay shut up and go away money than risk litigation with a potential leftist judge and jury. But in this instance they are letting it go to trial. Could be that Fox's lawyers have ample evidence to tear the plaintiff a new asshole; and after so many settlements are eager to do it. Just as an example to future plaintiffs that if you don't have a good case; or the resources to make a trial more expensive than a settlement- don't even bother to try.

Have fun in court with a company that has far better lawyers than Abby could ever dream of hiring. 

[ Deleted ]

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    11 months ago

Fox found Abby Grossberg credible enough to fire Tucker Carlson, their number one not new host...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4    11 months ago
Fox found Abby Grossberg credible enough to fire Tucker Carlson

I want to see proof that was the reason that Fox and Carlson parted ways.

LINK PLEASE

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    11 months ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    11 months ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4    11 months ago

You're exactly right jbb - that's the main reason that Fucker got the ax.

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    11 months ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5    11 months ago

[deleted]