╌>

Red Sox fans snub Bud Light at Fenway Park in viral video: Their concession stands are a 'ghost town'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  11 months ago  •  41 comments

By:   Yael Halon (Fox News)

Red Sox fans snub Bud Light at Fenway Park in viral video: Their concession stands are a 'ghost town'
Boston Red Sox fans chose to wait in line for concessions instead of purchasing from Bud Light vendors at Fenway Park on Wednesday amid national boycotts sparked by the Dylan Mulvaney partnership.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Boston Red Sox fans seemingly snubbed Bud Light vendors at Fenway Park on Wednesday, opting to purchase concessions at other stands as the beer brand remains embroiled in controversy over its partnership with transgender TikToker Dylan Mulvaney.

A video posted on TikTok by a user named Luis Tejada shows a packed line of fans waiting to buy refreshments in what appears to be the bleacher concourse section of Fenway Park while a nearby stand selling Bud Light beer cans is empty. The video has garnered over 1.2 million views and generated 8,909 comments as of Thursday afternoon.

"Fenway Park Bud Light stand Ghost Town!" Tejada wrote alongside the clip.

Cans of Budweiser and Bud Light sit on a shelf for sale at a convenience store. Anheuser-Busch lost some $5 billion in market value amid calls for a national boycott.(Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

"Guys, this is so funny and bizarre. Look at that," Tejada is heard saying, panning from a crowded line to an empty concession stand with workers awkwardly standing in front of a refrigerator stocked with blue Bud Light cans.

"Look at that," he says. "That is every single Bud Light stand here at Fenway Park."

The 38-second video was reportedly filmed Wednesday night during Boston's game against the Toronto Blue Jays, who lost to the Sox 8-3.

The clip was the latest display of outrage among conservative Bud Light customers who've boycotted the brand following Mulvaney's partnership that generated hefty backlash, prompting internal shakeups and boycotts across the country.

After sending Mulvaney a personalized pack of beer with her likeness as part of an ad for the company's March Madness contest and to celebrate a year since Mulvaney began identifying as a woman, Anheuser-Busch lost some $5 billion in market value amid calls for a nationwide boycott. Bars and distributors across the country reported significant drops in Bud Light sales.

Anheuser-BuschCEO Michel Doukeris addressed the Bud Light controversy on an earnings call with investors Thursday, downplaying the brand's partnership with the transgender influencer.

Doukeris told investors there is "misinformation" spreading on social media about the company's team-up with Mulvaney.

"We need to clarify the facts that this was one can, one influencer, one post and not a campaign," Doukeris said in an effort to distance from the Mulvaney controversy.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch published a scathing report, "Bud Light sales continue to plummet after transgender marketing controversy," that put a spotlight the massive decline. (LightRocket via Getty Images)

The campaign included a beer can with Mulvaney's face printed on it as part of Bud Light's March Madness contest and as a way to celebrate a full year of "girlhood."

A second video featured a bikini-clad Mulvaney frolicking in a bathtub while drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the partnership. Backlash has been significant, starting with many wondering if the pact was some sort of April Fool's gag. In the days since, country music singer John Rich said he pulled cases of Bud Light from his Nashville bar, conservative rocker Kid Rock used several Bud Lightcases for target practice in a viral video, Anheuser-Busch distributors in rural areas have expressed concern and the beer juggernaut's value took a hit.

To combat those losses and its tarnished reputation with customers, the beer brewer is reportedly scrambling to "make amends" with wholesale distributors who've suffered from the controversial partnership by sending each wholesale distributor employee a free case of Bud Light, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    11 months ago

This is a warning to corporate America. Stay out of politics and never go woke!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    11 months ago

I'd be embarrassed to post such a video. It is amateurish, the camera is shaking the entire time, and it proves nothing. The most damning thing we see is a refrigerator stocked with Bud products. No context. Nothing. 

Maybe fans at Fenway are boycotting Bud Light and Bud, but this video isnt evidence of it. 

Hallux
Masters Principal
2  Hallux    11 months ago

One can of beer with one photo and FOX dives into the deep end of the culture frenzy pool where its' fans piss and drool. FOX appears to be following The Apprentice's game plan of get crazier each season.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @2    11 months ago

So bud light sales are strong, then?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    11 months ago

original

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.2  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    11 months ago

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    11 months ago

words, man, try to use words.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.4  Snuffy  replied to  Hallux @2.1.2    11 months ago

In response to Sean's question about Bud Light, your post sort of misses the mark.  From your very posted article....

Bud Light’s off-premise sales volume falling 26% year over year in the week ended April 22, according to Beer Business Daily .

The Bud Light volume decline in the U.S. over the first three weeks of April, as publicly reported, would represent around 1% of our overall global volumes for that period.

trade publication Beer Business Daily that Bud Light’s sales at grocery, convenience, and liquor stores fell 21.4% for the week ending April 22, after falling 17% the previous week.

“We’ve never seen such a dramatic shift in national share in such a short period,” wrote Harry Schuhmacher, publisher of Beer Business Daily.

Overall,  InBev makes over 500 beers world wide so the drop in Bud and Bud Light is a very small piece of the total picture.  But this issue for Bud Light is not yet over and Bud and Bud Light are in danger of losing their place as the #1 and #2 beers in America.  Not that it would bother me, I never drink the stuff as I believe it's crap beer.  I prefer beer with some taste in it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @2.1.2    11 months ago

So a market  reaction from numbers that predate the incident. Got it. 

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.5    11 months ago

The article dates May 3, 2023 making it only 2 days old.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  JBB  replied to  Hallux @2.1.6    11 months ago

Anheuser-Busch InBev stock is up $5.22 or 8.76% since January 1st, even more in the whole last year. So, the far rightwing chest thumping about Bud Light is just show!

Most of those shunning Budweiser just switched to another InBev product which probably costs more and makes a bigger profit. The MAGA are not sophisticated...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.4    11 months ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Jack_TX  replied to  Hallux @2.1.6    11 months ago
The article dates May 3, 2023 making it only 2 days old.

The earnings numbers were for the first quarter, which ended before the whole Mulvaney debacle.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    11 months ago
Anheuser-Busch InBev stock is up $5.22 or 8.76% since January 1st, even more in the whole last year. So, the far rightwing chest thumping about Bud Light is just show!

It's down 5% since the start of April.  Molson Coors shares are up 25%.

Most of those shunning Budweiser just switched to another InBev product which probably costs more and makes a bigger profit.

Some have.  A bunch have switched to Coors and Miller. 

The MAGA are not sophisticated...

The irony is staggering.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.10    11 months ago

The stock closed today at a loss of $1.07 from yesterday.

Great marketing, Bud!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @2.1.6    11 months ago

Focusing on the multinational umbrella while burying this:

That’s despite reports from trade publication Beer Business Daily that Bud Light’s sales at grocery, convenience, and liquor stores fell 21.4% for the week ending April 22, after falling 17% the previous week. “We’ve never seen such a dramatic shift in national share in such a short period,” wrote Harry Schuhmacher, publisher of Beer Business Daily.

But sure, sales from the first quarter are the story.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    11 months ago

Imagine boycotting a product because the company was nice to someone.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3    11 months ago

What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @3    11 months ago

Imagine boycotting businesses like Hobby Lobby and Chik fil a because of the owner's beliefs....and failing miserably at those attempts.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @3.2    11 months ago

A belief in being shitty to certain people? That deserves a boycott.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    11 months ago

Is support for traditional marriage being mean to anyone?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @3.2    11 months ago

Imagine boycotting Chick Fil A and seeing its sales double after you do so?

LMAO!

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    11 months ago

I believe you have your subject matter backwards.

It's the leftists that boycotted these corporations that were shitty only because they did not like the beliefs of the owners of the corporation.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.2    11 months ago
Is support for traditional marriage being mean to anyone?

It is if you try to prevent non-traditional couples from getting married. Chik-fil-a, for example, donated millions of dollars to groups that actively lobbied against laws supporting gay marriage, and against laws that would have prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

Believe what you want to believe. That’s not the point here. I wouldn’t tell the leadership of Chik-fil-a what to believe. But they have gone out of their way to fuck with the lives of other people, and that’s not ok. Someone else’s gay marriage has ZERO impact on my straight marriage and is none of my business. Nor is it the business of Chik-fil-a.

The difference between what they did and what Anheuser Busch did is clear. AB reached out and did a nice thing for someone, without trying to bother anyone else. CFA went out of its way to interfere with someone else’s happiness.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @3.2.4    11 months ago
It's the leftists that boycotted these corporations that were shitty only because they did not like the beliefs of the owners of the corporation.

Incorrect. It was not because of their beliefs. See my 3.2.5.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.5    11 months ago

so chick fil a donated to groups in alignment with the owners beliefs.

and folks got upset.

thankfully their boycott was wildly unsuccessful.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.8  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.7    11 months ago
so chick fil a donated

No.

The owners donated.  There is a difference.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.9  bugsy  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.6    11 months ago
Incorrect

No, I am correct.

Leftists failed boycotted chik fil a and Hobby Lobby because the owners of said corporations did not believe in same sex marriage.

Leftists threw a temper tantrum and tried to force these corporations out of business, but thankfully, there are far more Americans that believe in free speech than leftists that do not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.7    11 months ago
so chick fil a donated to groups in alignment with the owners beliefs.

No. Pay attention. It had nothing to do with their beliefs, and everything to do with their actions. Many people or companies have those beliefs, but it was Chik-fil-a that spent millions trying to impose their beliefs on other people.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.11  Tacos!  replied to  bugsy @3.2.9    11 months ago
Leftists failed boycotted chik fil a and Hobby Lobby because the owners of said corporations did not believe in same sex marriage.

No. Dishonest. As I said, it was not about the beliefs. It was about actions to force others to live the way Chik-fil-a wanted them to live.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.10    11 months ago
It had nothing to do with their beliefs, and everything to do with their actions.

That's a whole lot of bullshit crammed into a single post.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.13  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.12    11 months ago

Yours is a whole lot of denial. I guess it hurts to be confronted with the truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.13    11 months ago

and how would you know?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.15  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.7    11 months ago
wildly unsuccessful

I've had Chick-fil-a and it's the worst chicken sandwich ever.

Never much cared for Bud products in the first place either.

My tastes tend to be much more esoteric.

Would even go to Hobby Lobby if they had something I needed.

Why should I let politics interfere with my wants and needs?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.2.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.2.15    11 months ago
I've had Chick-fil-a and it's the worst chicken sandwich ever.

Most reviews have it at 2 or 3 among the top 30 fast food chicken sandwiches.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3.2.15    11 months ago

worst?? lol

millions have a different opinion.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.18  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.2.16    11 months ago

Don't normally do fast food. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Would rather drive more miles for a steak and stuffed mushrooms.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @3.2.15    11 months ago

yes wildly unsuccessful according to sales.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.2.20  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @3.2.18    11 months ago
Would rather drive more miles for a steak and stuffed mushrooms.

Is that environmentally responsible?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    11 months ago

Rainbows! They are s-o-o-o TERRIFYING!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    11 months ago

So the same people who are pushing this dude on a beer can had their panties in a wad over a woman on a bottle of syrup and a man on a box of rice.  Fucking hypocrites