╌>

England Capello Gets It All Wrong Again

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   England Capello Gets It All Wrong Again

England  Capello Gets It All Wrong Again
England Capello Gets It All Wrong Again

Here we are again, three days away from what will undoubtedly be a low-key, poor, inept and quite frankly pointle s Friendly match against France at Wembley. I was however looking forward to seeing some of Englands fringe players being given a chance to shine amongst Englands finest players. However, by Saturday night it was evident that that simply was not going to be the case!Lets first start with Fabio Capello; the worlds highest earning football manager, who earns 6m a year to watch Premier League matches and manage the side in the occasional unentertaining encounter. One of the primary duties he has to fill is to identify those players showing outstanding form in the Premier League Blank Jersey and provide them with an opportunity to demonstrate such form wearing an England shirt. However, Saturdays squad announcement demonstrates plain and simply that he is not able to fulfill this duty effectively.I am one of the most optimistic England fans in existence. Despite repeated failures and disastrous performances when it matters, I still have a belief that England can win something in the not too distant future. That feeling and belief has all but vanished. How could any team win a tournament under the control of a manager so inept that he has the entire country looking on in disbelief at his latest mockery of squad additions? Luckily after 2012 we wont have to try and answer that question if The FA appoint Harry Redknapp as England Manager.Lets first have a look at the squad for the France match on Wednesday:Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart,Gary Cahill, Rio Ferdinand, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, Stephen Warnock,Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young,Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jay Bothroyd, Andy Carroll, Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch.Of course, what I am about to discu s is simply my opinion, but having listened to 2 hours of 606 on BBC Radio 5-Live it is clear that their are a lot of people out there with very similar concerns. Lets focus on those players who have been selected and then attend to the rather more bewildering i sues of those who have been overlooked. Starting at the very back, I fully agree with the inclusion of Hart and Foster; goalkeepers who undoubtedly have an England future. Although I am a little bemused by the selection of Rob Green I do not completely disagree with it; he has been Huston Street Jersey performing relatively well as part of a team that is defending so poorly it boasts the worst goal difference in the league; but thats another i sue. In terms of defenders we have some of the usual selections and one slightly shocking inclusion. I am very pleased to see Phil Jagielka included once again, something I would expect to become a very similar sight for years to come. Likewise I am pleased to see the re-inclusion of Micah Richards, who I think is the strongest selection of what is a real problem position for England. This evenings additions to the squad are Gary Cahill and Stephen Warnock; both of whom deserve their inclusion based on club form. I am bemused at the selection of Chris Smalling having only played nine games for the U21s in total. Similarly, Smalling has not even made 30 senior appearances in Cam Bedrosian Jersey his club career and is barely featuring at all for Manchester United. If we are led to believe (and as Capello clearly stated) that players will be picked on form this selection will bewilder many!In Midfield we once again see Gareth Barry, who at the current time is potentially enduring the worst club form of his career. This season he has contributed one goal, no a sists and no man of the match performances. Time and time again he gives the ball away cheaply and can at times be so carele s in po se sion of the ball it is untrue! He is undoubtedly a very talented player, but if Mr Capello picks on form then why Barry? and why not Scott Parker!? Jordan Henderson has produced some mature and scintillating form as of late; demonstrated once again this afternoon is Sunderlands 3-0 battering of Chelsea. I am very pleased to see this selection which based on form is rather fitting and deserved. As an Aston Villa fan I am always pleased to see the inclusion of any Villa players, but I find myself feeling sorry for Stewart Downing on this occasion. Perhaps he has been considered too similar to Adam Johnson, who has played 90 minutes for Manchester City on two out of thirteen occasions this season. When we compare this to Steward Downing who is one of only seven Midfielders in the Premier League not to have mi sed a solitary minute of football it is very strange. Ashley Young can think himself rather lucky to be part of the latest squad and Downing the exact opposite.Finally, I have very differing opinions on the Strikers involved in the latest squad. With inuries to the likes of Rooney, Defoe, Bent etc I was looking forward to what may arise. Crouch is an expected selection and one I cannot disagree with. Likewise (and perhaps to the annoyance of some) I am pleased to see Jay Bothroyd included; a striker who is almost free- Darin Erstad Jersey scoring for the Championships top of the table club. I certainly recognise that the selection may be a little out of the blue, but it comes back down to the aspect of form! Similarly Andy Carroll has more than done enough to earn a call up. His commanding, strong and mature performances for Newcastle this season will frighten Frances centre backs, so that is pleasing to see. Gabriel Agbonlahor has played 326 minutes of football since the opening day of the season. His injury problems have of course been the cause of this, so why the inclusion in this squad? Finally, the most shocking inclusion of all has to be that of Carlton Cole! One goal all season and struggling to become a regular in the team of the Premier Leagues bottom placed club. I simply cannot understand such a call up. Carlton Cole this season has looked at times confused on the pitch. Lets be fair, all players in the world suffer a blip in form and Im sure Carlton Cole would agree he is suffering his at the present time, a confusing inclusion to say the leastOverlooked players include individuals like Michael Turner of Sunderland, who has been part of a back four that boast the equal best home record in the Premier League in terms of goals conceded. In my opinion he has done more than enough since Phil Brown dubbed a potential call up as premature a couple of years ago. Scott Parker will feel he can do no more to get noticed! Yes he is playing for West Ham who are bottom of the league, but my word has he produced some simply outstanding individual performances of late. He is a midfielder who will certainly become a target for higher placed clubs Justin Upton Jersey in January/Summer. To be honest, who could begrudge him a big move to an achieving club? He has stuck by West Ham for long enough to prove that he is as loyal as it gets;

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Here we are again, three days away from what will undoubtedly be a low-key, poor, inept and quite frankly pointle s Friendly match against France at Wembley. I was however looking forward to seeing some of Englands fringe players being given a chance to shine amongst Englands finest players. However, by Saturday night it was evident that that simply was not going to be the case!Lets first start with Fabio Capello; the worlds highest earning football manager, who earns 6m a year to watch Premier League matches and manage the side in the occasional unentertaining encounter. One of the primary duties he has to fill is to identify those players showing outstanding form in the Premier League Blank Jersey and provide them with an opportunity to demonstrate such form wearing an England shirt. However, Saturdays squad announcement demonstrates plain and simply that he is not able to fulfill this duty effectively.I am one of the most optimistic England fans in existence. Despite repeated failures and disastrous performances when it matters, I still have a belief that England can win something in the not too distant future. That feeling and belief has all but vanished. How could any team win a tournament under the control of a manager so inept that he has the entire country looking on in disbelief at his latest mockery of squad additions? Luckily after 2012 we wont have to try and answer that question if The FA appoint Harry Redknapp as England Manager.Lets first have a look at the squad for the France match on Wednesday:Ben Foster, Robert Green, Joe Hart,Gary Cahill, Rio Ferdinand, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, Stephen Warnock,Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young,Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jay Bothroyd, Andy Carroll, Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch.Of course, what I am about to discu s is simply my opinion, but having listened to 2 hours of 606 on BBC Radio 5-Live it is clear that their are a lot of people out there with very similar concerns. Lets focus on those players who have been selected and then attend to the rather more bewildering i sues of those who have been overlooked. Starting at the very back, I fully agree with the inclusion of Hart and Foster; goalkeepers who undoubtedly have an England future. Although I am a little bemused by the selection of Rob Green I do not completely disagree with it; he has been Huston Street Jersey performing relatively well as part of a team that is defending so poorly it boasts the worst goal difference in the league; but thats another i sue. In terms of defenders we have some of the usual selections and one slightly shocking inclusion. I am very pleased to see Phil Jagielka included once again, something I would expect to become a very similar sight for years to come. Likewise I am pleased to see the re-inclusion of Micah Richards, who I think is the strongest selection of what is a real problem position for England. This evenings additions to the squad are Gary Cahill and Stephen Warnock; both of whom deserve their inclusion based on club form. I am bemused at the selection of Chris Smalling having only played nine games for the U21s in total. Similarly, Smalling has not even made 30 senior appearances in Cam Bedrosian Jersey his club career and is barely featuring at all for Manchester United. If we are led to believe (and as Capello clearly stated) that players will be picked on form this selection will bewilder many!In Midfield we once again see Gareth Barry, who at the current time is potentially enduring the worst club form of his career. This season he has contributed one goal, no a sists and no man of the match performances. Time and time again he gives the ball away cheaply and can at times be so carele s in po se sion of the ball it is untrue! He is undoubtedly a very talented player, but if Mr Capello picks on form then why Barry? and why not Scott Parker!? Jordan Henderson has produced some mature and scintillating form as of late; demonstrated once again this afternoon is Sunderlands 3-0 battering of Chelsea. I am very pleased to see this selection which based on form is rather fitting and deserved. As an Aston Villa fan I am always pleased to see the inclusion of any Villa players, but I find myself feeling sorry for Stewart Downing on this occasion. Perhaps he has been considered too similar to Adam Johnson, who has played 90 minutes for Manchester City on two out of thirteen occasions this season. When we compare this to Steward Downing who is one of only seven Midfielders in the Premier League not to have mi sed a solitary minute of football it is very strange. Ashley Young can think himself rather lucky to be part of the latest squad and Downing the exact opposite.Finally, I have very differing opinions on the Strikers involved in the latest squad. With inuries to the likes of Rooney, Defoe, Bent etc I was looking forward to what may arise. Crouch is an expected selection and one I cannot disagree with. Likewise (and perhaps to the annoyance of some) I am pleased to see Jay Bothroyd included; a striker who is almost free- Darin Erstad Jersey scoring for the Championships top of the table club. I certainly recognise that the selection may be a little out of the blue, but it comes back down to the aspect of form! Similarly Andy Carroll has more than done enough to earn a call up. His commanding, strong and mature performances for Newcastle this season will frighten Frances centre backs, so that is pleasing to see. Gabriel Agbonlahor has played 326 minutes of football since the opening day of the season. His injury problems have of course been the cause of this, so why the inclusion in this squad? Finally, the most shocking inclusion of all has to be that of Carlton Cole! One goal all season and struggling to become a regular in the team of the Premier Leagues bottom placed club. I simply cannot understand such a call up. Carlton Cole this season has looked at times confused on the pitch. Lets be fair, all players in the world suffer a blip in form and Im sure Carlton Cole would agree he is suffering his at the present time, a confusing inclusion to say the leastOverlooked players include individuals like Michael Turner of Sunderland, who has been part of a back four that boast the equal best home record in the Premier League in terms of goals conceded. In my opinion he has done more than enough since Phil Brown dubbed a potential call up as premature a couple of years ago. Scott Parker will feel he can do no more to get noticed! Yes he is playing for West Ham who are bottom of the league, but my word has he produced some simply outstanding individual performances of late. He is a midfielder who will certainly become a target for higher placed clubs Justin Upton Jersey in January/Summer. To be honest, who could begrudge him a big move to an achieving club? He has stuck by West Ham for long enough to prove that he is as loyal as it gets;

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc