╌>

Chelsea FC 201415 Premier League Preview

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   Chelsea FC 201415 Premier League Preview

Chelsea are my team to beat for this season in the premier league. Jose Mourinho has a history of doing well in his second year at clubs and he told us as much last season. I watched them Danny Santana Jersey live at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday against Real Sociedad and I noticed how they were only once able to break through the midfield and run at the Chelsea defence, and that time Cahill and Terry cleared things up nicely. Mourinho has a system to stop the opposition running at his defence as much as po sible in the game.They played with Matic in a holding role and Ramires and Fabregas just in front closing down runners. Once their wingers run back as well it will be very difficult for a team to get in the gap between Chelseas defence and midfield lines, meaning Phil Niekro Jersey the alternatives to make attacks are the wings and tricky long through balls to the strikers. Chelseas 2 world cla s centre backs Cahill and Terry will deal with many of the through balls and the wingers or any of the midfield 3 can be used to double up on a particularly good winger.If Matic is on the ball he has many obvious options: the back 4, Fabregas, Ramires and thelong ball option to Costa. I think Matic can sometimesmake mistakes and give away po se sionso that will help him and stop the opposition getting easy runs at the Chelsea defence.Going forward, last year they scored 71 goals, the 3rd highest total total in league. This year, with the additions of Costa, Drogba and Fabregas, along with Julio Teheran Jersey their young wingers all gaining experience, I can only see that figure rising especially if Fabregas stays fit.However, a lot of their Chelseas victories last year were down toEden Hazard and if he gets an injury then it could be difficult for them to score enough goals in some games. Another weakne s I can see perhaps is squad depth. They have an abundance of attacking midfielders but I remember last season they were short of centre midfielders at some points and with Lampard and Luiz leaving and only Fabregas coming in they could have difficulties there. Also they only have 5 recognised defenders for the 4 places so that could Kurt Suzuki Jersey also be a worry for them. Mourinho has, however, highlighted that many youth players will be used in his squad, which he has never really made noticeable use of in his previous managerial positions. Mourinhos last trophy as a manager was 2 years ago with Real Madrid and pre sure is building on him to Ender Inciarte Jersey change that record. Towards the end of last season he had several controversial differences with opposing managers and importantly the FA and referees. This lead to a few bad results against weaker opposition and Mourinho must not let this happen again or it could cost him once more.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Chelsea are my team to beat for this season in the premier league. Jose Mourinho has a history of doing well in his second year at clubs and he told us as much last season. I watched them Danny Santana Jersey live at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday against Real Sociedad and I noticed how they were only once able to break through the midfield and run at the Chelsea defence, and that time Cahill and Terry cleared things up nicely. Mourinho has a system to stop the opposition running at his defence as much as po sible in the game.They played with Matic in a holding role and Ramires and Fabregas just in front closing down runners. Once their wingers run back as well it will be very difficult for a team to get in the gap between Chelseas defence and midfield lines, meaning Phil Niekro Jersey the alternatives to make attacks are the wings and tricky long through balls to the strikers. Chelseas 2 world cla s centre backs Cahill and Terry will deal with many of the through balls and the wingers or any of the midfield 3 can be used to double up on a particularly good winger.If Matic is on the ball he has many obvious options: the back 4, Fabregas, Ramires and thelong ball option to Costa. I think Matic can sometimesmake mistakes and give away po se sionso that will help him and stop the opposition getting easy runs at the Chelsea defence.Going forward, last year they scored 71 goals, the 3rd highest total total in league. This year, with the additions of Costa, Drogba and Fabregas, along with Julio Teheran Jersey their young wingers all gaining experience, I can only see that figure rising especially if Fabregas stays fit.However, a lot of their Chelseas victories last year were down toEden Hazard and if he gets an injury then it could be difficult for them to score enough goals in some games. Another weakne s I can see perhaps is squad depth. They have an abundance of attacking midfielders but I remember last season they were short of centre midfielders at some points and with Lampard and Luiz leaving and only Fabregas coming in they could have difficulties there. Also they only have 5 recognised defenders for the 4 places so that could Kurt Suzuki Jersey also be a worry for them. Mourinho has, however, highlighted that many youth players will be used in his squad, which he has never really made noticeable use of in his previous managerial positions. Mourinhos last trophy as a manager was 2 years ago with Real Madrid and pre sure is building on him to Ender Inciarte Jersey change that record. Towards the end of last season he had several controversial differences with opposing managers and importantly the FA and referees. This lead to a few bad results against weaker opposition and Mourinho must not let this happen again or it could cost him once more.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc