╌>

Who is the best Goalkeeper in the Premie

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   Who is the best Goalkeeper in the Premie

To pick the best goalkeeper, is a tricky challenge, how does one define the best, the most appearances, the most clean sheets, the most saves? There are numerous criteria that can be applied, but overall I feel with Goalkeepers, its a feeling you get knowing that the man between the sticks is reliable, some have it like Van Der Sar, others dont like Barthez.Petr Cech 3 seasons ago he wouldve been a shoe in for the best Kenta Maeda Jersey keeper in the Premiership, however over the last few years he has shown signs of vulnerability, and his recently adopted habit of flapping at cro ses doesnt seem to have got any better, ranked number 1 by the Premier Leagues Actim Index clearly he is still a world cla s keeper, and pulls off some fantastic saves.Cech with his infamous head gearBrad Friedel Recently broke the record for games played in a row, Brad is a solid performer who rarely has a bad game. He might not always make the long diving saves, but this is because he is normally in a position where he doesnt need to dive to save. A solid figure between the sticks, ranked 2 in the Actim Index, clearly he is doing something right.Pepe Reina Liverpools keeper is another one who is a solid keeper, has the occasional hiccup, but all round a fantastic keeper, who Logan Forsythe Jersey has kept Liverpool in many a game. Rafa Benitez recently told the pre s he thought Pepe was the worlds number 1 (An oversight given Casillas and Buffons form of late) and ranked 3 in the Actim index, Reina clearly has a firm claim Rich Hill Jersey on the crown.Reina celebrating winning the Champions LeagueShay Given Amazing for Newcastle, particularly last year where stings of saves kept them in many a game, and since joining City he has continued this trend (see the Birmingham game), always a top scorer in fantasy football teams, ranked 4 in the Actim index by the Premier League, this is another man with a firm claim for the title.Van Der Sar Not yet rated highly in the Actim index due to lack of game time this season, but its no Jackie Robinson Jersey coincidence that when he signed from Fulham, United suddenly started winning things with the regularity fans expect. He is described as a safe pair of hands rarely looking jumpy or making TV saves, he organises the defence in a calm manner, and doesnt make to many mistakes (bar his sometimes dreadful kicking).Van Der Sar saving a penalty in the Champions League FinalHonourable mentions go out to David James who to many of us will always be Calamity James to still be playing at the top level at his age, and playing decently is a credit to the man. Brian Jensen from Burnley had an epic game against Manchester United, but recently a few howlers have set his stock back significantly.Manual Almunia is not a particular favourite of mine, but to play for Arsenal for so long clearly implies Mr. Wenger trusts him Babe Herman Jersey , and who am I to doubt the Frenchman.Overall I make my winner Shay Given; reasoning? Well simply he is the most consistent performer, and rarely can a goalkeeper make such an impact over such a number of years as Shay has. A dominant force whether in the air or making flying saves, for me the best goalkeeper in the league (And as a United fan this pains me) and a credit to whatever side he is representing.Winner Given celebrates with his crown

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

To pick the best goalkeeper, is a tricky challenge, how does one define the best, the most appearances, the most clean sheets, the most saves? There are numerous criteria that can be applied, but overall I feel with Goalkeepers, its a feeling you get knowing that the man between the sticks is reliable, some have it like Van Der Sar, others dont like Barthez.Petr Cech 3 seasons ago he wouldve been a shoe in for the best Kenta Maeda Jersey keeper in the Premiership, however over the last few years he has shown signs of vulnerability, and his recently adopted habit of flapping at cro ses doesnt seem to have got any better, ranked number 1 by the Premier Leagues Actim Index clearly he is still a world cla s keeper, and pulls off some fantastic saves.Cech with his infamous head gearBrad Friedel Recently broke the record for games played in a row, Brad is a solid performer who rarely has a bad game. He might not always make the long diving saves, but this is because he is normally in a position where he doesnt need to dive to save. A solid figure between the sticks, ranked 2 in the Actim Index, clearly he is doing something right.Pepe Reina Liverpools keeper is another one who is a solid keeper, has the occasional hiccup, but all round a fantastic keeper, who Logan Forsythe Jersey has kept Liverpool in many a game. Rafa Benitez recently told the pre s he thought Pepe was the worlds number 1 (An oversight given Casillas and Buffons form of late) and ranked 3 in the Actim index, Reina clearly has a firm claim Rich Hill Jersey on the crown.Reina celebrating winning the Champions LeagueShay Given Amazing for Newcastle, particularly last year where stings of saves kept them in many a game, and since joining City he has continued this trend (see the Birmingham game), always a top scorer in fantasy football teams, ranked 4 in the Actim index by the Premier League, this is another man with a firm claim for the title.Van Der Sar Not yet rated highly in the Actim index due to lack of game time this season, but its no Jackie Robinson Jersey coincidence that when he signed from Fulham, United suddenly started winning things with the regularity fans expect. He is described as a safe pair of hands rarely looking jumpy or making TV saves, he organises the defence in a calm manner, and doesnt make to many mistakes (bar his sometimes dreadful kicking).Van Der Sar saving a penalty in the Champions League FinalHonourable mentions go out to David James who to many of us will always be Calamity James to still be playing at the top level at his age, and playing decently is a credit to the man. Brian Jensen from Burnley had an epic game against Manchester United, but recently a few howlers have set his stock back significantly.Manual Almunia is not a particular favourite of mine, but to play for Arsenal for so long clearly implies Mr. Wenger trusts him Babe Herman Jersey , and who am I to doubt the Frenchman.Overall I make my winner Shay Given; reasoning? Well simply he is the most consistent performer, and rarely can a goalkeeper make such an impact over such a number of years as Shay has. A dominant force whether in the air or making flying saves, for me the best goalkeeper in the league (And as a United fan this pains me) and a credit to whatever side he is representing.Winner Given celebrates with his crown

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc