╌>

The Heir to Paul Gascoigne Evertons Ros

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   The Heir to Paul Gascoigne Evertons Ros

The Heir to Paul Gascoigne  Evertons Ros
The Heir to Paul Gascoigne Evertons Ros

Fans, pundits and media alike are very good at raising expectations regarding young English talent. Often we get it quite wrong. However, I am going to stick my neck on the Saku Koivu Jersey line and say that we havent seen a talent like Ro s Barkley since Paul Gascoigne.I can hear the Arsenal fans screaming what about Jack Wilshere? Yes Wilshere is an unbelievably talented footballer, but I think Barkleys talent is more akin to the maverick Gascoigne.What is so frustrating about watching the national team play, is the fear that English players seem to show when the opportunity arises to take Bob Gainey Jersey on a player, or to try something that may result in losing the ball.Many of our international midfielders play square, or backwards pa ses all game long. Obviously keeping po se sion is a very important aspect of football. However playing negative pa ses (pa ses that are not designed to build an attack and seem to have no purpose), is a contagious ailment that the English national team that have been suffering from for quite a long time. What was so refreshing about watching Ro s Barkley against Newcastle United was his willingne s to try things in the final third. Heres a player that can pick up the ball in the middle of the park, turn, run at opposition defenders and commit players. Heres a player that has the pace, quick feet, and confidence to beat opposition defenders. Heres a player that has the clarity of mind to decide when to take it on, and when to pa Larry Robinson Kids Jersey s to a teammate in a better position. Heres a player that can link the play, but can also score goals with two highly impre sive feet. Heres a player that can control the midfield, and set the tempo of the game. Heres a player that is only 19.It is no coincidence that Evertons very good start to the season has coincided with Barkleys inclusion into the starting team. He has made a huge impact in all of the games he has played so far Dominic Moore Men Jersey this season. Ro s Barkley running at opposition defenders won the two free kicks scored by Leighton Baines against West Ham last week.Amazingly, aged 16 Ro s Barkley was told his football career might be over after breaking his leg. Well, I for one am very glad that Barkleys career is only just getting started.Lets hope that Roy Hodgson has taken note of these impre sive performances, and lets hope that when Barkley plays for England he plays with the same panache and confidence that he exhibits Keith Kinkaid Kids Jersey for Everton.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fans, pundits and media alike are very good at raising expectations regarding young English talent. Often we get it quite wrong. However, I am going to stick my neck on the Saku Koivu Jersey line and say that we havent seen a talent like Ro s Barkley since Paul Gascoigne.I can hear the Arsenal fans screaming what about Jack Wilshere? Yes Wilshere is an unbelievably talented footballer, but I think Barkleys talent is more akin to the maverick Gascoigne.What is so frustrating about watching the national team play, is the fear that English players seem to show when the opportunity arises to take Bob Gainey Jersey on a player, or to try something that may result in losing the ball.Many of our international midfielders play square, or backwards pa ses all game long. Obviously keeping po se sion is a very important aspect of football. However playing negative pa ses (pa ses that are not designed to build an attack and seem to have no purpose), is a contagious ailment that the English national team that have been suffering from for quite a long time. What was so refreshing about watching Ro s Barkley against Newcastle United was his willingne s to try things in the final third. Heres a player that can pick up the ball in the middle of the park, turn, run at opposition defenders and commit players. Heres a player that has the pace, quick feet, and confidence to beat opposition defenders. Heres a player that has the clarity of mind to decide when to take it on, and when to pa Larry Robinson Kids Jersey s to a teammate in a better position. Heres a player that can link the play, but can also score goals with two highly impre sive feet. Heres a player that can control the midfield, and set the tempo of the game. Heres a player that is only 19.It is no coincidence that Evertons very good start to the season has coincided with Barkleys inclusion into the starting team. He has made a huge impact in all of the games he has played so far Dominic Moore Men Jersey this season. Ro s Barkley running at opposition defenders won the two free kicks scored by Leighton Baines against West Ham last week.Amazingly, aged 16 Ro s Barkley was told his football career might be over after breaking his leg. Well, I for one am very glad that Barkleys career is only just getting started.Lets hope that Roy Hodgson has taken note of these impre sive performances, and lets hope that when Barkley plays for England he plays with the same panache and confidence that he exhibits Keith Kinkaid Kids Jersey for Everton.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc