╌>

Aberdeens Derek McInnes first 100 league

Category:  News & Politics

Via:   •  last year  •  0 comments

By:   Aberdeens Derek McInnes first 100 league

Been thinking about writing a blog for a long time and thought Derek Khyri Thomas Jersey Mcinness 100 league games in charge of my beloved dons would be a good place to start.I want to write the type of blog the captures my pa sion for my team, so on a home match day I will try to write what I think before I have herd what pundits have to say and I have seen any replays.As I said this is about Dereks 100 league games in charge. I think the stats is a good place to start. Played 100 won 57 drawn 20 and lost 23. With a goal difference of plus 54. These are good stats when you consider where we were when he took the job. We were a bottom 6 team that always looked like we would concede goals.The signing made have not always been great but for the most they have. Adam Rooney have obviously been a great signing scoring 50 goals in le s than 2 years. We all know goals win games and every good team needs a player who can find the net regularly and in games when there isnt that many chances to be had. Willo Flood and Shay Logan were also good signings but most importantly they were for positions we desperately need improvements in. I have always believed Killian Hayes Jersey if you have a solid defence your more creative players can play with more freedom take more risks and ultimately create more and better chances. The signing of Graham Shinnie although not been at the club long deserves a mention, his ability to play as a holding mid or left back has been brilliant so far this season. As I said not all signings have been good but they are not worth mentioning. When Derek took over the main thing for me was to get us in the top 6 every season, push for a European spot and have good cup runs. Well he has done that. Won the Delon Wright Jersey league cup and ended that trophy le s run that for a time I thought would never end. Also got us into Europe in both his full seasons and do not to bad beating 2 very capable sides in Groningen fc and HNK Rijeka.But this is about the league. In the league we have improved so much. To mi s out on second to a last minute dodgy goal was a ma sive step from finishing seventh the season before. Last season was great to have people talking about a title race in the second half of the season and for it to be us was fantastic but it was the big game s that let us down. Losing all 4 games to Celtic was something that needed addre sing. But progre s was ultimately made and we dropped far le s point against teams we should be beating.Coming Tony Snell Jersey into this season we had to put up more of a fight when we faced Celtic and beating them at the first time of asking is a ma sive step forward and starting the season with 8 wins was some achievement. But the real test was always going go be when we lost a match or it wasnt quite going our way. In October we had a very bad month and look like the wheel were going to fall off . But I feel the manager has sorted the situation out and got us back on track Dzanan Musa Jersey and we look like we can go on winning runs again.Derek has said he always wants the team to improve and finishing third then second and only 1 point behind Celtic after 19 games thi season the team is.I feel the way Celtic are playing at the moment we can push them closer this season. Or with a lot of luck we could (Im not saying we will) we could win the league.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Been thinking about writing a blog for a long time and thought Derek Khyri Thomas Jersey Mcinness 100 league games in charge of my beloved dons would be a good place to start.I want to write the type of blog the captures my pa sion for my team, so on a home match day I will try to write what I think before I have herd what pundits have to say and I have seen any replays.As I said this is about Dereks 100 league games in charge. I think the stats is a good place to start. Played 100 won 57 drawn 20 and lost 23. With a goal difference of plus 54. These are good stats when you consider where we were when he took the job. We were a bottom 6 team that always looked like we would concede goals.The signing made have not always been great but for the most they have. Adam Rooney have obviously been a great signing scoring 50 goals in le s than 2 years. We all know goals win games and every good team needs a player who can find the net regularly and in games when there isnt that many chances to be had. Willo Flood and Shay Logan were also good signings but most importantly they were for positions we desperately need improvements in. I have always believed Killian Hayes Jersey if you have a solid defence your more creative players can play with more freedom take more risks and ultimately create more and better chances. The signing of Graham Shinnie although not been at the club long deserves a mention, his ability to play as a holding mid or left back has been brilliant so far this season. As I said not all signings have been good but they are not worth mentioning. When Derek took over the main thing for me was to get us in the top 6 every season, push for a European spot and have good cup runs. Well he has done that. Won the Delon Wright Jersey league cup and ended that trophy le s run that for a time I thought would never end. Also got us into Europe in both his full seasons and do not to bad beating 2 very capable sides in Groningen fc and HNK Rijeka.But this is about the league. In the league we have improved so much. To mi s out on second to a last minute dodgy goal was a ma sive step from finishing seventh the season before. Last season was great to have people talking about a title race in the second half of the season and for it to be us was fantastic but it was the big game s that let us down. Losing all 4 games to Celtic was something that needed addre sing. But progre s was ultimately made and we dropped far le s point against teams we should be beating.Coming Tony Snell Jersey into this season we had to put up more of a fight when we faced Celtic and beating them at the first time of asking is a ma sive step forward and starting the season with 8 wins was some achievement. But the real test was always going go be when we lost a match or it wasnt quite going our way. In October we had a very bad month and look like the wheel were going to fall off . But I feel the manager has sorted the situation out and got us back on track Dzanan Musa Jersey and we look like we can go on winning runs again.Derek has said he always wants the team to improve and finishing third then second and only 1 point behind Celtic after 19 games thi season the team is.I feel the way Celtic are playing at the moment we can push them closer this season. Or with a lot of luck we could (Im not saying we will) we could win the league.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc