╌>

Disney sues Florida Governor Ron DeSantis claiming 'retaliation' : NPR

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kavika  •  11 months ago  •  92 comments

By:   Greg Allen (NPR)

Disney sues Florida Governor Ron DeSantis claiming 'retaliation' : NPR
Moments after a board appointed by the governor voted to invalidate Disney's development deal, the company filed a 77-page lawsuit in federal court.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

April 26, 20231:52 PM ET

By

Greg Allen

MIAMI — The Walt Disney Company has filed a lawsuit against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other officials. Disney accuses DeSantis with orchestrating a "campaign of government retaliation" against the company and violating its protected speech.

It's the latest action in a feud that began more than a year ago when Disney's former CEO said he'd work to overturn a law banning discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in the schools. The law, the "Parental Rights in Education Act," is called "Don't Say Gay" by critics.

At DeSantis' urging, Republican lawmakers passed a bill that stripped Disney of its self-governing authority. But before the law took effect, Disney signed a deal with its outgoing board allowing it to retain development rights on the 40-square mile district. It also included covenants that give Disney final say on any alterations to the property.

National

DeSantis wants to end Disney World's special status in Florida

At a meeting Wednesday near Orlando, DeSantis' handpicked board voted to invalidate that agreement. Moments later, Disney filed a 77-page lawsuit in federal court, charging DeSantis and other officials with violations of the contracts clause, the takings clause, due process and its First Amendment right to protected speech. In its lawsuit, Disney says, "This government action was patently retaliatory, patently anti-business, and patently unconstitutional." The company is asking a federal judge to declare the board's action "unlawful and unenforceable."

Before voting to invalidate Disney's development deal, the district board heard a lengthy presentation from its lawyers detailing what they said were procedural missteps made by Disney's lawyers that, in their view, rendered it "void and unenforceable." They said all parties had not received proper notice of the vote on the agreement and that it should have also been approved by the district's two cities. Disney maintains proper notices were sent out and that the development deal was approved in an open meeting in compliance with Florida law.

Before voting to strike down Disney's development deal, the new district board heard from a number of independent business owners who have restaurants and retail shops at Disney properties. Several said they were concerned new regulations and taxes could raise their costs and make their businesses unprofitable. Gov. DeSantis has talked about raising taxes and putting toll roads in the district. He's also discussed using some of the land for additional development and even a new prison. Board chairman Martin Garcia told business owners their taxes would be going up, in part to pay for legal fees related to the DeSantis' dispute with Disney.

Debra Mcdonald, a resident of Celebration, a community originally built by Disney that is adjacent to the theme park told the board that, because of the ongoing feud, "many in our community are afraid." McDonald said, "It has hurt us deeply. It's not just between the Governor and Disney. It affects everyone around him."

In response to the lawsuit, DeSantis' communications director Taryn Fenske said, "We are unaware of any legal right that a company has to operate its own government or maintain special privileges not held by other businesses in the state. This lawsuit is yet another unfortunate example of their hope to undermine the will of the Florida voters and operate outside the bounds of the law."

DeSantis is currently overseas on an international trade mission.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Kavika     11 months ago

Mickey vs DeSantis. 

Within hours of the DeSantis board trying to invalidate the Disney contract, Disney filed the suit which is 77 pages long. It would seem that once again they have anticipated the moves by DeSantis. 

There are over 1,000 special districts in Florida and some huge entertainment companies have them, namely Universal and SeaWorld (SeaWorld parks in Tampa are not in a special district). 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Kavika @1    11 months ago
There are over 1,000 special districts in Florida and some huge entertainment companies have them, namely Universal and SeaWorld (SeaWorld parks in Tampa are not in a special district).

Yeah. Kinda makes it hard to claim you only went after Disney because you don’t think companies should have that kind of control. Disney should have no problem proving they are the victim of unequal treatment under the law as retaliation for exercising their First Amendment rights.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @1.1    11 months ago
Yeah. Kinda makes it hard to claim you only went after Disney because you don’t think companies should have that kind of control.

Best of all, Disney can always call DeSantis up to testify on Disney's behalf.  After all, DeSantis has admitted he is doing it to punish Disney numerous times in front of cameras.  He has stated it in Op-Eds that he has written.  AND he even stated it in his own book.

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
PhD Guide
1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Kavika @1    11 months ago

BREAKING NEWS:

From Broke Back Mountain! 

"De Santis on his KNEES, says that he will 'do anyone for VOTES', in his desperate bid to get on the Re-Puritan Ticket, including whatever is necessary in order to get the Hell out of FLA.!"

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @1.2    11 months ago

to get the Hell out of FLA.!"

Even that global warming denier knows that Florida is due for destruction.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  cjcold @1.2.1    11 months ago

Why would Disney want to stay?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  cjcold  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2.2    11 months ago

Read that they were considering a move to Georgia.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @1.2.3    11 months ago

I wrote a new song for Disney. "It's a Wet world after all."

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    11 months ago

Meanwhile, Trump, Chris Christie, Gruters and Steube have called for DeSantis to desist

and stay out of private business practices, especially Disney.

Kudos to the Disney lawyers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @2    11 months ago

I thought republicans were all about big business.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    11 months ago

more like blind loyalty trumps everything...

PhD Guide
2.1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    11 months ago

They are all about GREED above all else.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    11 months ago

that's certainly what they push out of their major orifices...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    11 months ago

They also claim to be fiscally responsible and Constitutional defenders.  However if you ignore their words, and just look at their actions, you get a completely different understanding.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.4    11 months ago

not one of them can walk the walk...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @2.1.5    11 months ago
not one of them can walk the walk...

Not one of them even tries...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.6    11 months ago

whatever rwnj fascists claim, the opposite is more likely to be true.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.7    11 months ago
whatever rwnj fascists claim

There are no rwnj fascists here.

If there are, name them.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @2.1.7    11 months ago

whatever rwnj fascists claim, the opposite is more likely to be true.

Not to mention the degree of projection that they use.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.9    11 months ago

can you name any here?

Thomas
Senior Guide
3  Thomas    11 months ago

Well, I hope that DeSantis et.al., get their mouse handed to them.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Thomas @3    11 months ago

Don't mess with the Mouse.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3.1    11 months ago

no wonder he's an absentee governor...

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    11 months ago

He is in Israel currently and said in a speech there:

Speaking in Jerusalem, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) claims Hurricane Dorian did not hit Florida harder in 2019 because of “the prayer I put in the Western Wall.” While Hurricane Dorian did veer away from Florida in 2019, it still produced enough of an impact that six deaths in the state were linked to the storm.

I wonder why he didn't do some praying to stop Hurricane Ian which was the costliest hurricane to hit Florida and one of the deadliest. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3.1.2    11 months ago

he was probably too busy granting hurricane zone building code variances for his pals...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    11 months ago

Such a pointless waste of time and money.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @4    11 months ago

Well, not if you are trying to be known as homophobe in chief 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @4    11 months ago
Such a pointless waste of time and money.

From the article:

Board chairman Martin Garcia told business owners their taxes would be going up, in part to pay for legal fees related to the DeSantis' dispute with Disney.

I'm sure that is what business owners want to hear.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @4.2    11 months ago

hey usually its Democrats kvetching about them not paying their fair share!

why the sudden change?

never mind, I already know!

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.3  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @4    11 months ago

That's an understatement. If the taxpayers & businesses have to foot the bill, hopefully they'll be incensed enough to not support DeSantis again.

PhD Guide
4.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  TᵢG @4    11 months ago

No, REPUBLICANS wasting time & money?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    11 months ago

A couple days of fawning press coverage and silence when the case is inevitably dismissed. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    11 months ago

On what grounds?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1    11 months ago

... being woke.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.1.1    11 months ago

lol

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @5    11 months ago

Is that a legal opinion or just a cheesehead opinion?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5.2    11 months ago

what cheese goes best with mackerel?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @5.2.1    11 months ago
what cheese goes best with mackerel?

Limburger.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @5.2.2    11 months ago

omg

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    11 months ago
A couple days of fawning press coverage and silence when the case is inevitably dismissed.

I doubt there will be silence, but I do expect it to be dismissed - right after Florida settles with Disney and gives them everything they want.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @5.3    11 months ago

Lol. Sure. Nothing says "we've got a great case" than forum shopping for a known  anti DeSantis judge  and using Lochner era cases as the basis of your argument. 

I'm sure the Court of Appeals will be more than happy to resurrect a reviled doctrine that's been junk for almost 100 years to protect Disney. 

I guess I can see why Disney would want to bring back the  vehicle to allow child labor to be exploited, but I doubt its going to play well. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.3.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @5.3.1    11 months ago
Lol. Sure. Nothing says "we've got a great case" than forum shopping for a known  anti DeSantis judge  and using Lochner era cases as the basis of your argument.

When you're living in a glass house it's best not to throw stones. Whining about judge shopping is hilarious coming from the right...Does the ban on the abortion pill ring a bell for you? In case you forgot it's District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk.

I'm sure the Court of Appeals will be more than happy to resurrect a reviled doctrine that's been junk for almost 100 years to protect Disney. 

I'm sure that they will considering that both DeSantis and members of his appointed board and Republican legislators have said publicly that they are going to punish Disney for their actions on the original bill that started this whole thing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @5.3.2    11 months ago

So, there are known 'anti-DeSantis' judges to choose from?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.3    11 months ago

So, there are known 'anti-DeSantis' judges to choose from?

Yeah, they're known as the "honest" judges.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Kavika     11 months ago

Locking the article until I'm available to moderate it again.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @6    11 months ago

boo

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Kavika     11 months ago

OK, the article is open again.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @7    11 months ago

yay

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    11 months ago

With every passing day and new development, this becomes more and more embarassing for DeSantis and the state of Florida.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
8.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Tacos! @8    11 months ago

It does seem like Disney has outmaneuvered him at every stage of this.  Rather than showing a strong leadership he seems to be becoming a bit unhinged over this.

Thomas
Senior Guide
8.1.1  Thomas  replied to  SteevieGee @8.1    11 months ago
Rather than showing a strong leadership he seems to be becoming a bit unhinged over this.

He has to make inroads with the Trump base someway. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Thomas @8.1.1    11 months ago

R.13512c7fe355dab5abcad84968f8d5be?rik=nu1R8c%2FjjTt8oQ&riu=http%3A%2F%2Fnbatitlechase.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F08%2FPHOTO-Tallahassee-Mussolini-Ron-DeSantis-Meme.jpg&ehk=eVEjNz3GcREHUZhMZSbIhW6Iib8dYMLuvOy3iGy2C%2FU%3D&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

... uh, that's wussolini.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Tacos! @8    11 months ago
With every passing day and new development, this becomes more and more embarassing for DeSantis and the state of Florida.

It certainly is and to make it even a bit more embarrassing for DeSantis are the threats he has made to punish Disney and they are on tape and in print. Also, his comments that he would raise taxes on Disney who paid $780 million in taxes to the state of Florida in 2021, and then DeSantis hand picked board member said this to the small business owners that operate on Disney property and in the surrounding area: Board chairman Martin Garcia told business owners their taxes would be going up, in part to pay for legal fees related to the DeSantis' dispute with Disney.

evilone
Professor Guide
8.2.1  evilone  replied to  Kavika @8.2    11 months ago

This is almost a lock for Disney. DeSantis could have left well enough alone after getting handed his ass when the old board signed their "deal", but he had to double down on stupid in a press conference. I don't see a scenario where this comes out well for him. This and the thousands of school kids walking out of classes yesterday should be a wake up call to the Republican Legislator that if they keep it up they could be looking for new jobs.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.2.2  seeder  Kavika   replied to  evilone @8.2.1    11 months ago

There has also been some backlash from Republican donors and legislators in Florida. But, it seems that this ridiculous culture war with Disney may turn out to be a really big loser for him and the Republican party in FL. and it doesn't look like he'll back down, in fact it seems that he put himself in a position where he can't admit defeat and stop the BS. I guess that is what happens when a bully is shown up for what he is.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @8.2.2    11 months ago

Mr G and I were talking about this last night over dinner. He's a republican and likes DeSantis but even says this is bad for him. For one thing, he punished Disney because a First Amendment issue. We both hope he loses and I want the judge to take his law license away from him. It just proves he's a fucking tyrant and not worthy to be our POTUS

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.4  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.3    11 months ago

My ancient very liberal Mom had a close friendship with an arch conservative. I once asked how she tolerated him. She said, "Yes, he is a throwback and a male chauvinist pig, but he is my caveman"...

They parted ways over Donald Trump. He went all in for QAnon and The Big Lie, got a bad case of elder rage and then died!

evilone
Professor Guide
8.2.5  evilone  replied to  Kavika @8.2.2    11 months ago
There has also been some backlash from Republican donors and legislators in Florida.

Yes. I was reading that too. The last one because DeSantis never returned his phone calls?

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.2.6  seeder  Kavika   replied to  evilone @8.2.5    11 months ago
Yes. I was reading that too. The last one because DeSantis never returned his phone calls?

I hadn't see that one, one would think that if a big donor calls you you would return the call.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2.7  devangelical  replied to  JBB @8.2.4    11 months ago

bummer. not.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Kavika     11 months ago

In 1997 the Baptist Church called for a boycott of Disney and all its subsidiaries because GASP, Disney was affording the LBGT people partners health benefits. The boycott lasted eight years and accomplished nothing and Disney did not back down. DeSantis might make note of that. 

Once again the Baptists have entered the fray, they are now backing DeSantis and his fight with Disney.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.1  Gordy327  replied to  Kavika @9    11 months ago
The boycott lasted eight years and accomplished nothing

It did accomplish one thing: it demonstrated how bigoted and hateful the Baptist Church is.

Once again the Baptists have entered the fray, they are now backing DeSantis and his fight with Disney.

And now they're doubling down on the hate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1    11 months ago

So it was absolutely no more successful than the boycott of Chick Fil A then.

Boycotts rarely are successful.

Of course, Chick Fil A may feel differently--they went on to become the number one chicken seller in the world after the boycott!

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Gordy327 @9.1    11 months ago

those f'n thumpers should probably try boycotting their members that get caught up in sex scandals...

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    11 months ago

Absolutely hilarious that historically leftists absolutely hate corporate welfare and screech at pretty much every business, but, here we have a story where a corporation is receiving essentially a form of welfare form Florida citizens, and ....gasp....the governor that is trying to stop that welfare is a republican that MIGHT run for president, and probably beat Biden if he did.......and now to most leftists....corporate welfare is good.

Can't make this crap, up.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.4  seeder  Kavika   replied to  bugsy @9.1.3    11 months ago

What corporate welfare is DeSantis trying to stop that Disney gets? The law passed did not increase Disney taxes in any way and in fact at the 11th hour DeSantis and the legislature changed their minds about dissolving Reedy Creek since it would have dumped over $1 billion in bond debt on the taxpayers of Orange and Osceola counties that currently Disney is responsible for. 

In the 1960s, in an attempt to allure and entice Disney to locate its second theme park in central Florida, the state of Florida provided Disney with a special economic enhancement status called the  Reedy Creek Improvement District . This status allows Disney to effectively function as its own county government, including running its own fire department and managing its own building codes, utilities and roads. In addition to Reedy Creek providing most of its own services, it also taxes Disney to raise funds necessary to maintain the land and community services necessary to keep the magic of Disneyworld alive. Due to the special designation, Reedy Creek  can and does levy more taxes  on the Walt Disney Company than Florida generally allows counties to tax entities. In fact, Reedy Creek taxes Disney at a rate of about three times the general rate for other Florida jurisdictions. Reedy Creek also has public bonds issued, to which Disney receives a bill each year to make the annual payments. 

evilone
Professor Guide
9.1.5  evilone  replied to  bugsy @9.1.3    11 months ago
Absolutely hilarious that historically leftists absolutely hate corporate welfare

What's absolutely hilarious is the attempts by populist non-conservative to distort the issue into something its not when they have been corrected multiple times.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.4    11 months ago

So...Disney taxes itself to provide services and that's called corporate welfare????

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.7  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.6    11 months ago
Disney taxes itself to provide services and that's called corporate welfare????

Yup, it's kind of like the new math. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @9.1.7    11 months ago

New math...common core math....galactic math....can we just go back to how the ancient Muslims did it?

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.9  seeder  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.8    11 months ago

It's abacas time.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @9.1.9    11 months ago

for republicans, that means taking off their shoes and socks...

evilone
Professor Guide
10  evilone    11 months ago

I see the new board has voted today to sue Disney. I wonder if this will make it easier for Disney to combine both cases and move it to federal court?

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  Kavika   replied to  evilone @10    11 months ago

That would make it interesting. I saw where U.S. Magistrate Judge Martin Fitzpatrick recused himself. 

That is the judge that one partisan member said that was anti DeSantis and Disney went judge shopping for. 

Seems once again he had no idea of what he was talking about.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @10.1    11 months ago

all the rwnj scum headed towards the GOP primaries are praying that trump is taken out by the DOJ...

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.2  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @10.1.1    11 months ago

oops, wrong thread...

evilone
Professor Guide
10.1.3  evilone  replied to  Kavika @10.1    11 months ago
I saw where U.S. Magistrate Judge  Martin Fitzpatrick  recused himself. 

I was mistakenly under the impression the Disney lawsuit was filed in state court hoping they could file to have it moved later. The new lawsuit by the board has been filed in state court so now I'm wondering if Disney can have them both litigated at the same time in the same court. I don't know how that works, but I did find this (it's a Disney Tourism blog page so I'll take it with a grain of salt)

The outcome of the federal case will preempt the outcome of the state case, effectively superseding or rendering moot the state court decision.

So why bother wasting (taxpayer) money to file a separate suit in state court? For like the thousandth time, this is wholly a matter of political theater.  The show where everything’s made up and the points don’t matter.  My guess is that the CFTOD board figures it has a good shot at winning in state court while the federal case is still pending. Politicians and board members will then tout that dubious decision while declaring “victory” and “Florida beating the California company” and whatnot during television appearances in the immediate aftermath of the case.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.4  seeder  Kavika   replied to  evilone @10.1.3    11 months ago

It definitely is going to get much more interesting.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11  seeder  Kavika     11 months ago

Moms for Liberty had eight Nora Roberts books banned in the Martin County School district. This is after twenty books by Jodi Picoult were banned as they were considered pornographic by the Bastions of liberty.

I doubt if they would know Liberty if it hit them in the head. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @11    11 months ago

funny how they have to write pretzel legislation that excludes the bible from being banned...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @11    11 months ago

maybe if it bit them in the ass?

nah...

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.3  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @11    11 months ago

swing harder...

devangelical
Professor Principal
12  devangelical    11 months ago

destankis is a mental lightweight...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @12    11 months ago
According to Scott Wilkens, senior counsel at the Knight First Amendment Institute, the governor's own words are a powerful weapon being deployed by the Disney legal team.

from your link

This tactic was tried back in 1930's Germany.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.1    11 months ago

fascism is in destankis's heritage...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @12.1.1    11 months ago

Exactly, he’s of Italian American heritage on both sides and his father installed Nielsen TV ratings box’s to help control American mass media.

Good call, devangelical.

Kavika
Professor Principal
12.1.3  seeder  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @12.1.1    11 months ago

Well, he is showing that he can't match wits with a mouse.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.1.2    11 months ago

some people think they see nazis or fascists everywhere.

its really quite funny!

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @12.1.2    11 months ago
he’s of Italian American heritage on both sides

so he hates trans people, but likes women with mustaches...

oh, the irony.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.4    11 months ago
its really quite funny!

... especially to fascists and nazis.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.7  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @12.1.3    11 months ago

surprising, since destankis has the same depth and substance as a cartoon drawing of mickey.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
12.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @12.1.5    11 months ago
but likes women with mustaches...

I’ve been to Italy many times and seen many beautiful woman.  I don’t remember mustaches.