╌>

Rural Oklahoma hospitals overwhelmed by people overdosing on ivermectin | Daily Mail Online

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  91 comments

By:   Mansur Shaheen (Mail Online)

Rural Oklahoma hospitals overwhelmed by people overdosing on ivermectin | Daily Mail Online
So many residents of rural southeast Oklahoma are overdosing on the anti-parasite drug ivermectin that it is overwhelming local hospitals. Many are using versions of the drug made for horses.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Overdoses from anti-parasite drug ivermectin overwhelm rural Oklahoma hospitals - leaving gunshot victims waiting for emergency rooms

By Mansur Shaheen For Dailymail.Com 15:57 EDT 03 Sep 2021 , updated 16:03 EDT 03 Sep 2021

• Hospitals in rural southeast Oklahoma are struggling with a surge of ivermectin overdose patients
  • So many patients are coming in with overdoses of the horse-grade medicine that other serious injuries - like gunshot wounds - have to wait
  • Ivermectin is FDA approved for human use fighting some parasite-related conditions, but has not demonstrated that it can fight viruses in humans
  • Many are purchasing versions of the drug meant for horses and other large animals, where doses are dangerous for humans

So many rural Oklahomans are overdosing on horse medication that it is overwhelming local hospitals.

Dr Jason McElyea, a physician from Sallisaw, Oklahoma in the Southeast of the state, told Oklahoma City's KFOR that hospitals in his region are being clogged with patients overdosing on ivermectin after using the drug to treat COVID-19.

Many people are using ivermectin, which is FDA approved for human use in some situations, in doses meant for large animals like horses and overdosing.

The volume of overdoses has become a problem for the whole community, as people needing treatment for other issues, like gunshot victims, are left waiting in peril for emergency room space.

Dr Jason McElyea (pictured) told Oklahoma City's KFOR that so many people in his rural Oklahoma community are overdosing on ivermectin it is overwhelming some local hospitals

'There's a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff, because it can be dangerous,' McElyea told KFOR about the drug.

'...the ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated.'

The surge in overdoses has led to ambulances being backed up with calls as well.

'All of their ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don't have any, that's it,' the doctor told KFOR.

'If there's no ambulance to take the call, there's no ambulance to come to the call.'

Ivermectin is safe to use in doses of around 200 micrograms, and is often prescribed to people at those levels for conditions like onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis.

It is not a treatment for viruses like Covid, though, and has never demonstrated an ability to fight viral infections in humans.

The anti-parasite drug has been incorrectly deemed by some to be a potential treatment for COVID-19 after some misinterpreted a March 2020 study conducted in Australia.

Ivermectin is FDA approved for human use in fighting some parasite-related conditions. It has no known ability to fight viruses in the human body

Dr Timothy Geary, one of the world's foremost experts on the drug, explained to DailyMail.com that the concentrations of the drug used in the study, which did show ivermectin could inhibit virus replication, was so high it could not be used in a person.

The drug can be dangerous is large doses and cause many potentially devastating side effects like blindness, nervous system damage or even death.

McElyea reports that many in his community are using the drug at dangerously high doses.

Many have failed to acquire the drug via prescription, and instead purchase veterinary versions of it over the counter at feed stores.

A standard dose for a horse is much larger than a dose for a human, though, causing people to overdose when using versions of the drug made for livestock.

'Some people taking inappropriate doses have actually put themselves in worse conditions than if they'd caught COVID,' McElyea said.

He told KFOR that he has seen patients suffering from cramps, muscle aches, nausea. The worst cases has has seen are people coming in with vision loss after taking the drug.

McElyea reports that tractor store in his area have sold out of the drug, and he implores others in his community not to self-medicate using the potentially dangerous drug.

'You have to ask yourself, 'If I take this medicine, what am I going to do if something bad happens?' What's your next step, what's your backup plan?' he said.

'If you're going to take a medicine that could affect your health, do it with a doctor on board.

'...It's not just something you look on the internet for and decide if it's the right thing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

I have been arguing with Facebook friends in Oklahoma about this. The worst part is that they get really abusive to anyone who tells them that this is stupid. The belief in Ivomectin as a cure for Covid is gospel to the die hard rural Trump fans. It is an article of faith...

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

I just hope the anti-vaxers will administer the ivermectin correctly for treating covid, by dissolving it in bleach and injecting it directly into their jugulars. /s

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

The belief in Ivomectin as a cure for Covid is gospel to the die hard rural Trump fans. It is an article of faith...

Has anyone figured out where this belief came from?  Who actually suggested Ivomectin, an anti-parasite drug, as a cure for Covid?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

Have you figured out this is fake news yet?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

... wingnut radio and media.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

Are you now claiming that people are not taking Ivomectin, believing it is a COVID cure?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    3 years ago
... wingnut radio and media.

They spread the claim, I'm curious who created this belief.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.4    3 years ago

Not sure why it was investigated to start with, but there have been studies that show ivermectin has the ability to stop viral replication in RNA viruses in vitro.  Problem is, it was at concentrations that were toxic to humans, so that did not translate to effectiveness in vivo.  Some people latch onto a few words,  and either don't read or don't understand the studies

Science education in this country really needs to improve.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.3    3 years ago

Tell me, is THAT what you think I wrote?

Seriously?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.7    3 years ago
Tell me, is THAT what you think I wrote?

It IS what you wrote.

Seriously?

If you expect people to properly interpret your bumper sticker sized replies, I suggest you devote a little more time to composing that reply.

I asked:

Has anyone figured out where this belief came from?  Who actually suggested Ivomectin, an anti-parasite drug, as a cure for COVID?

Your reply:

How did you want me to take your 1 sentence reply to my simply question?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    3 years ago

I have hundreds of FB Friends in Oklahoma and based on what they are saying there are lots of people taking veterinary Ivomectin they are buying at feed stores and vet supplies. It is a real thing and thousands are taking the stuff!

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

No, it is a real thing. How can you not know?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  mocowgirl  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.6    3 years ago
Science education in this country really needs to improve.

I agree.

However, I don't really blame people for being confused when there are doctors actually using (human strength) ivermectin to treat some of their covid patients.  What is even more confusing are news articles that say some doctors are claiming its effective and the NIH saying there is not enough data to say yay or nay.

COVID Patient in Coma Gets Ivermectin After Court Order (webmd.com)

May 6, 2021 -- A 68-year-old woman with COVID-19, who has been in intensive care in an Illinois hospital for a month, started receiving the controversial drug  ivermectin  (Stromectol) this week after her family sued the hospital to have someone administer it, according to a report in the  Chicago Tribune.

The FDA has  warned against  ivermectin's use for treating COVID-19, but a high-profile group of doctors has  spoken passionately  in favor of it.

The FDA has published guidance titled ,"Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19" on its  website . The National Institutes of Health said there is not enough data to recommend either for or against its use in treating COVID-19.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.12  mocowgirl  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.11    3 years ago
What is even more confusing are news articles

that give percentages instead of actual numbers.

According to CNN - In Mississippi, 70%  of the recent calls  to the state's poison control center are about ingestion of ivermectin formulations meant for animals and purchased at livestock supply centers.

I wondered how many hundred or thousand of calls had been received.  So I googled.  If a person or organization wants respect then they must quit playing the role of Chicken Little.  

Exclusive: Over 3 weeks, 17 people called state’s poison control center after taking ivermectin, records show (wlbt.com)

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Call logs obtained by 3 On Your Side reveal 17 people called the Mississippi Poison Control Center after taking ivermectin over the first twenty-three days of August.

Additionally, 6 people called the service for information on the drug, and one caller did so to report an animal exposure.

The logs, part of the national Toxic Exposure Surveillance System provided to WLBT through a public records request, listed 1,282 exposures from August 1 through 23.

The report did not specifically list the exposures as “ivermectin,” instead categorizing them as “other” antihelmintics, which includes ivermectin.

However, a statement from the Mississippi Poison Control Center confirms exposures and calls from ivermectin made up nearly 2 percent of all calls, which exactly matches the data found under “other” antihelmintics.

Dr. Nelson Atehortua, assistant professor of public health at Jackson State University, said even that small percentage is alarming.

“When we’re having these increasing calls, whatever the number is, that’s a source of concern, because we shouldn’t have any calls related to that other than an accidental poisoning,” Atehortua said.

The Mississippi State Department of Health clarified Wednesday that 70 percent of calls related to ivermectin this month were not a percentage of all calls as the agency previously reported, but rather what percentage of ivermectin calls applied to the animal formulation, which is far more concentrated than the prescription version for humans.

A website that I check a few times a month to see some of the covid data that is reported to the federal government.

and these every few days.....

COVID-19 United States Cases by County - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center (jhu.edu) covidestim: COVID-19 nowcasting

I hope the information is accurate, but I don't know how to actually verify it.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.13  sandy-2021492  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.11    3 years ago

Oy.  Medicine should not be delivered via court order, until judges also obtain medical degrees.  The judge involved is practicing medicine without a license, for which you or I would be thrown in jail.  He has a gavel, not a script pad.

Unfortunately, some of the studies have been very flawed.  There is an analysis of one supposedly large study that supports ivermectin use, which may actually have been fraudulent to the point of never even having been conducted.

This is reminiscent of studies supporting hydroxychloroquine.  I remember reading one study's data, and coming across "n=?".  Wait, what?  They didn't even  know  their sample size, but they were drawing conclusions from the data?  It was horribly done; wouldn't have passed a basic high school biology unit on statistics.  But docs were prescribing based on it.

So for now, given that the efficacy of ivermectin is questionable, and we have great data on the safety and effectiveness of vaccines, doctors should be pushing vaccination.  An ounce of prevention...

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.14  mocowgirl  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.13    3 years ago
Unfortunately, some of the studies have been very flawed.

How many drugs have been approved and then pulled from the market after the drugs proved fatal over the last two or three decades?

Covid has around a 99% survival rate across the board.  We know this because of the hundreds of millions of people who have had it and survived.  If those people have gained immunity, I understand why they are refusing to be vaccinated until more is known on whether it is really necessary.  I watch the numbers every week and we may be gaining herd immunity between the shots and by the number of people who have acquired a level of natural immunity.  

I have read articles that it is a likely possibility that covid will continue to mutate into milder forms (as has been done in the past) that are even less lethal to the 1 percent that is most susceptible at this time.

I feel extremely fortunate that I am retired and can isolate.  I am (mostly) content piddling around the house and farm.  I buy groceries every 3 weeks (and could go less if I had to) - make a list, go early in the morning and go home before most stores get busy.  I shop online as much as possible.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.14    3 years ago

But attempting to reach herd immunity by way of infection carries the risk of a strain arising to which nobody, either vaccinated or previously infected, is immune.

As far as studies, the sample size for the vaccine is now in the billions.  We are monitoring for adverse reactions on an ongoing basis.  The vaccine remains effective, and far safer than infection.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.16  mocowgirl  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.15    3 years ago
far safer than infection.

The infection rate could be in the billions also.  Some, if not many, people have had covid and didn't know it or didn't test to verify.  This is why I feel we may be close to having herd immunity.  To date, there are scientists who are saying that boosters may not be needed for anyone except the most vulnerable.

Where are the studies that prove the vaccine is necessary for anyone who has had covid and acquired natural immunity?  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.16    3 years ago

There are no studies that say it's necessary.   There is at least one I can find that says immunity from vaccination after infection is likely better than from infection alone.  Whether the difference is clinically significant likely depends on the patient's age and health status.

There have also been reports that those suffering from "long Covid" experience improved symptoms on receiving the vaccine.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.18  mocowgirl  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.17    3 years ago
There is at least one I can find that says immunity from vaccination after infection is likely better than from infection alone.  Whether the difference is clinically significant likely depends on the patient's age and health status.

This is what I have read also.  This is why I believe we may already be approaching herd immunity because of the number of healthy people who have had covid and most likely have better immunity that if they had been vaccinated.  This is why I am not concerned about the numbers of who have been vaccinated.  I am concerned that the people who need vaccines get them and we don't deprive them by vaccinating people who are fine without them.

People, who have risk factors, should definitely get the vaccine unless advised otherwise by their doctor.  However, people, with risk factors, should be responsible for protecting their own health by also wearing masks and social distancing until advised otherwise by their doctor.

The scientists will continue to monitor variants and improve vaccines for those who require them.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.19  mocowgirl  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.17    3 years ago
There have also been reports that those suffering from "long Covid" experience improved symptoms on receiving the vaccine.

Probably doing what the vaccine should do - give a weak immune system a booster.

Whatever the reason, it is wonderful that there is a treatment resulting in improvement.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.22  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @1.2.9    3 years ago
It is a real thing and thousands are taking the stuff!

If they are, where are the reports showing the numbers that have been hospitalized as a result?  I've looked but haven't found anything.

I am just thankful this wasn't claimed about Roundup because I have met people who are convinced that it is safe to drink because they have either personally "seen" or "heard of" sales reps drinking Roundup during sales promotions.  

If I wasn't an introvert, I'd probably have to become one to save whatever mental health I have left.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.27  mocowgirl  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.14    3 years ago
I have read articles that it is a likely possibility that covid will continue to mutate into milder forms (as has been done in the past) that are even less lethal to the 1 percent that is most susceptible at this time.

News release from 3 hours ago.....

WHO says Covid will mutate like the flu and is likely here to stay (msn.com)

Covid-19   is likely "here to stay with us" as the virus continues to mutate in unvaccinated countries across the world and previous hopes of eradicating it diminish, global health officials said Tuesday.

"I think this virus is here to stay with us and it will evolve like influenza pandemic viruses, it will evolve to become one of the other viruses that affects us," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization's Health Emergencies Program, said at a press briefing.

Officials at the global health agency have previously said vaccines do not guarantee the world would eradicate Covid-19 like it has other viruses. Several leading health experts, including White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci and Stephane Bancel, CEO of Covid vaccine maker Moderna, have warned that the world will have to live with Covid forever, much like influenza.

"People have said we're going to eliminate or eradicate the virus," Ryan said. "No we're not, very, very unlikely."

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2  SteevieGee    3 years ago

So...  What's wrong with taking your deplorables to the vet?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  SteevieGee @2    3 years ago

Please remember to neuter all your deplorables...

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  JBB @2.1    3 years ago

Always spay and neuter your deplorables.  Absolutely.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

It boggles the mind that they would refuse a safe vaccine and instead pay for a drug for horses. The true sign of a real horses ass.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Ivomectin is used as sheepdip. It make them "Dips".

JBB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

People are have kids ingest injectable pig dewormer!

JBB
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
7  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
9  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
10  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

original

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    3 years ago

They are willing to take anything other than the vaccine that's proven to work. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
11.1  SteevieGee  replied to  MrFrost @11    3 years ago

Well...  They do call it the Trump vaccine so...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Does it make people neigh or moo when they try to talk?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
13  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Yeah but the word itself sounds very pharmacological so it’s gotta work, right?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
14  mocowgirl    3 years ago

Damn, I knew I had forgot something when I picked up chicken feed this week!  Ivermectrin.  /s

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
15.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @15    3 years ago

Darwin smiles.

a batch of fentanyl-laced cocaine killed a comedian and two others, and left the ex-girlfriend of Darius Rucker in a Los Angeles hospital, a report said.

Is Darwin smiling? 

Ender
Professor Principal
15.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @15.1    3 years ago

How many ways can we think of to change the subject.

Let's count....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
15.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @15.1.1    3 years ago

I take it you don't want to answer my question if those recent overdoses made Darwin smile.  I assumed that would be the case. 

But by all means, let's hear you explain why progressives and their media falling for a  made up story about ivermectin overdoses  overrunning hospitals in Oklahoma makes Darwin smile.

Ender
Professor Principal
15.1.3  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @15.1.2    3 years ago

I said nothing about any hospital or over doses...

Reread what I quoted....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
15.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @15.1.3    3 years ago
d nothing about any hospital or over doses...

You posted that  "darwin smiles" because people who are prescribed ivermectin can have fertility issues. Death also make its hard to reproduce.

Is Darwin happy because of deaths like the one I posted? 

Ender
Professor Principal
15.1.5  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @15.1.4    3 years ago

Again, why are you trying to say things that were never inferred.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
15.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @15.1.5    3 years ago

I see you don't understand the tweet you copied.  I covered exactly what it implied. 

Ender
Professor Principal
15.1.7  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @15.1.6    3 years ago

It nowhere implied death, no matter how hard you try.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
16  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Hah, dipshits. Why don’t they go start drinking bleach while they are at it. Can someone explain to me how something meant to protect against parasites (think ringworm) is going to do anything to protect against a virus? You may as well start taking antibiotics, they will be just as effective (not at all).

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Thrawn 31 @16    3 years ago

Ring worm is a fungus that causes a weird skin rash. I had it once and had to use a topical to take care of it. The ingestible invermectin is used for internal parasites

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
17  mocowgirl    3 years ago

An update that I believe should be included on this article.....

Rolling Stone forced to issue an 'update' after viral hospital ivermectin story turns out to be false | Fox News

However, the Northeastern Hospital System, which McElyea works for, issued a  statement  regarding his association with the hospitals reported in the story. The NHS revealed while McElyea "is affiliated" with a medial staffing group, he has not worked at the location in question for 2 months nor has he treated any ivermectin overdoses. 

"Although Dr. Jason McElyea is not an employee of NHS Sequoyah, he is affiliated with a medical staffing group that provides coverage for our emergency room. With that said, Dr. McElyea has not worked at our Sallisaw location in over 2 months. NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose," the statement reads.

Furthermore, the NHS insisted that patients are not being turned any for emergency care in contrast to the recent reports.

"All patients who have visited our emergency room have received medical attention as appropriate. Our hospital has not had to turn away any patients seeking emergency care. We want to reassure our community that our staff is working hard to provide quality healthcare to all patients. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify this issue and as always, we value our community’s support."

The Rolling Stone later published an "update" to the top of the story which repeats NHS' statement. 

Critics slammed the magazine for publishing what appears to be a false story.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
17.1  Greg Jones  replied to  mocowgirl @17    3 years ago

Pretty obvious this whole article is fake news.

JBB
Professor Principal
17.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @17.1    3 years ago

Except it is not. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
17.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @17.1.1    3 years ago

Except it is not. 

You can lead a horse to water:

"NHS Sequoyah has not treated any patients due to complications related to taking ivermectin. This includes not treating any patients for ivermectin overdose,"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @17.1.2    3 years ago

You CAN lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Just like you can show a progressive liberal the truth, but that doesn't mean they can accept it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
18  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Please, progressives,    stop spreading fake news and stop being so gullible.

You really need better news sources.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
18.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @18    3 years ago

Please, conservatives, stop making yourselves targets for ridicule by using anything but vaccine to do the job of a vaccine, just to spite progressives.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @18.1    3 years ago

Please, progressives, stop believing everything you read--and ESPECIALLY after having it proven to you that the article is fake shit!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
18.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @18.1    3 years ago

You know how ridiculous you look criticizing anyone after falling for this, right?

after making such asses of yourselves falling for this, I’d hope progressives would  learn some humility and not be so quick to attack others who have been fooled. I guess the lesson is lost.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @18.1.2    3 years ago
  1. ...

Claim: "The first so-called second hand information “Whistleblower” got my phone conversation almost completely wrong."

original
    Lie Of The Year
     ·  
    Fact checked by politifact.com
    ================================================
    Donald Trump repeated that lie more than 75 times in tweets, at rallies, and at press conferences. 
    The whistle blower described the phone call between Trump and Zelensky almost exactly. 
    The right refuses to confront the pathological lying of Donald Trump. Until they do there is nothing to talk to them about. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.3    3 years ago

Gee, how shocking that Trump was dragged into another discussion having nothing to do with him.

Smmfh

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.4    3 years ago

Sean is implying that Democrats lie as much as the right.  That assertion is bizarre. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.5    3 years ago

Not even close by close to what he said.

He is questioning why some still believe this bullshit story even AFTER retraction and corrections were made.

Why do you believe this shit?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.6    3 years ago

I dont know what you are talking about. 

The item was a news story originated by an Oklahoma television station.  If it is inaccurate it is their problem. 

I don't "believe shit" after it has been retracted. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.7    3 years ago

I realize you don't know.

Post17 may help, but I do have my doubts

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.8    3 years ago

stop wasting everyones time

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.9    3 years ago

yeah, don't let facts or reason or common sense dictate what you believe.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @18.1.10    3 years ago

I have probably forgotten more facts than you will ever know. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.11    3 years ago

Forgotten facts are pretty damn useless.

Maybe you should try incorporating some of your forgotten "facts" into your posts.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
18.1.13  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.3    3 years ago

Biden has told 100,000 lies

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
18.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.5    3 years ago

John Russell wrote:  "Sean is implying that Democrats lie as much as the right.  That assertion is bizarre"

No, it's true

devangelical
Professor Principal
18.1.15  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @18.1.13    3 years ago

prove it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
18.1.16  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @18.1.2    3 years ago

Lol!  I look ridiculous?!  If you read my comment it is only in reference to the conservatives penchant for trying to deal with covid using stuff that does not have anything to do with seriously treating covid.  That is not fake news, friend.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
18.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Sean Treacy @18    3 years ago
You really need better news sources.

We all need better news sources.

And we will get better new sources when we verify facts and quit falling for propaganda to score points or whatever satisfaction some people get from constantly fighting with or demeaning other people.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
19  Texan1211    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
20  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

People are actually dying from using cocaine. Where's the mockery ?  Why aren't liberals talking about Darwin Awards for them? 

Here we have a made up story about problems caused by ingesting a drug posted as an excuse to bash the people who ingest it.  Why aren't you bashing the people who actually ingest fatal drugs? 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
20.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Sean Treacy @20    3 years ago
People are actually dying from using cocaine. Where's the mockery ?  Why aren't liberals talking about Darwin Awards for them? 

Good questions.

I don't know, but maybe it can't be used for political gain?

The numbers are recorded by state at the link below.

Drug Overdose Death Statistics [2021]: Opioids, Fentanyl & More (drugabusestatistics.org)
  • The national OD rate is 21.6 deaths per 100,000 residents.
  • Year-over-Year (YoY) overdose death numbers run as high as 71,130 (Dec. 2018 – Dec. 2019).
  • The number of drug overdose deaths in America increases by as much as 21% annually (2015 to 2016).
  • Between 2018 and 2019, drug overdose rates fell by 4.6% and for the first time since 2012.

• Opioids kill 136 Americans every day.
  • The national OD death rate has increased 255.74% in the 21 st   Century.
  • Heroin OD death rates increase at an average annual rate of 55.7%
  • The rate of OD deaths involving synthetic opioids increased at an annual rate of 580% over five years (2012-2017).
  • Among women, American Indian and Alaska Natives are the most likely to die from an OD.
  • Among men, Black or African Americans are the most likely to die from an OD.
There is a wide range of overdose death rates among the states; the highest concentration is located in the Northeast, straddling the Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic regions.
  • California has the highest number of drug overdose deaths at 6,198.
  • West Virginia has more drug overdose deaths per capita than any other state (52.8 out of every 100,000 residents).
  • Nebraska sees the lowest rate of overdose deaths (8.7 out of every 100,000 residents).
  • Wyoming has the lowest number of overdose deaths at 79.
  • Oklahoma has seen the largest 3-year decrease at an 8.05% annual decline.
  • Delaware has seen the largest 3-year increase at an annual growth rate of 16.0%.